close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lcp

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by G19 owner, Mar 7, 2011.

1. G19 owner

G19 owner

Feb 10, 2011
    North Carolina
    I'm a GLOCK owner and hate straying away, but a LCP has been on my mind for a pocket gun. Any feedback on these things? I have handled them but not shot one? Is it a good quality pistol? Any info from owners would be helpful.

2. Manofprint

Manofprint

Aug 27, 2008
    South FL
    Great Gun

Do a search. Tons of forums on this firearm

3. Brianharless13

Brianharless13

Aug 26, 2009
    Indiana
    Bought one for the wife when our daughter was born for easy concealed carry. We really love it and thought about buying a second one. It is snappy and is not made for precision shooting but using Hornady Critical Defense ammo it seems to hold a decent group. I have carried it jogging in a Desantis holster and you cannot even tell it is there.

4. KCHORNS

KCHORNS

Jan 15, 2010
    This.

also, extremely reliable and half way accurate( after I painted the sights) and serves it's purpose.

5. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    I have, and carry both (G19 and LCP). As routine I'll carry my G19 either IWB or in a SERPA belt holster with an untucked T-shirt. I'll carry the LCP in situations where pocket carry is more appropriate for concealment.

The LCP is indeed snappy and does need a level of practice. It's a point and shoot pistol. Like everything it's about training and repetition.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper

Feb 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Great gun- I have one of the older ones that was recalled and I've never had a problem with it -either before or after the recall. I did put a CT laser on mine and have ordered some new Wolff springs to try out on it.

7. XDfense

XDfense

Nov 3, 2010
    Picking mine up in 2 hours 24 minutes!!!!

8. ar15ed

ar15ed

Jan 8, 2005
    nc
    they are great little guns. i bought the first one that came into my local gunshop. it immediately replaced my keltec p3at. my lcp has been 100%, and my keltec was a complete and total, unreliable, piece of crap! you will love the little ruger!

9. NWGlocker

NWGlocker

May 11, 2011
    I love mine. I polished the feed ramp based on some research I had done and upgraded the recoil spring and mine has been 100 percent reliable. It isn't by any means a fun range gun per say, but it does its job. I run rounds through it every time I go to the range to stay proficient. I say pick one up! It is a fine looking weapon and has a solid reputation for reliability.

10. dsa1115

dsa1115

Sep 22, 2010
    Suburban Chicago
    The little LCP is definitely snappy and requires a lot of practice to get used to the trigger, but I made mine a lot better by dovetailing a tritium front sight.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    I've been practicing single hand point and shoot (both eyes open) with this pistol without using what Ruger calls a front site. I figure that is how it'll be used. It's pretty easy to get the feel for it.

12. 09crue

09crue

Jul 27, 2009
    you can't beat the lcp for hot weather pocket carry,reliable,light and compact..

13. bush pilot

bush pilot

Jan 29, 2004
    northwest
    I have an LCP and really don't like shooting it at the range. I started loading lite loads for the gun recently and now it's at least manageable. FWIW, I also have a SW Bodyguard and prefer it over the LCP.