close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lc9?

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by ADK_40GLKr, Jan 22, 2011.

1. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
  2. jkern

jkern

Oct 27, 2010

3. I am following the Ruger rule of thumb....
    Let it cook for about 18 months THEN buy one.
    I did that with the SR9 a few years back, and missed that whole recall thingy....

When they hit the stores, I will definitely be wrapping my meathooks around one...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  4. Twodog

Twodog Millennium Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Ct.
    I have my money down on one. I'll be the first to get one when it hits the shop. :cool:

5. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Mar 30, 2004
    Dublin, Ohio
    I'm thinking about one. I want to see and feel one and there's not one available at my gunstore, yet.

6. bap

bap

Oct 19, 2009
    I have mine as of Thursday afternoon. The grip is pretty slender. Upon taking it down, it is clear that the firearm was designed to function well. The rails are longer than Glocks and M&P. Going to the range this weekend to break it in.

7. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    I will wait until CT has a sight available for it. Even though this gun is obviously designed for firing at close range, I would still like to be able to hit a target beyond 10yds. Old eyes don't work well with iron sights any more. I love that they made the sights adjustable though. Will be looking forward to the range reports. Wife already says she wants one but recoil may be an issue.

8. captcurly

captcurly

Sep 14, 2008
    Southern Delaware
    I am very interested but will wait for at least a year. Hey, Ruger has a past history of recalls and I do not want to be involved. I will also check out the Sig P290 before any decision is made. Good luck to any members buying a currently released LC 9.

9. herose

herose

Jun 13, 2006
    Kentucky
    Looks like it has a mag disconnect safety and only comes with one mag. If that's the case I think I'll go with the Taurus Slim, two mags and no mag disconnect. I've shot one and really like it.

10. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    It's next on my list! As far as mag safety, and only one mag? Some firearms, even if they came with a drawer full of mags, I wouldn't buy another! I have more than a couple Rugers, including the new SR9C! Ruger has their stuff together, and hands down the best bang for your buck going. All that and American made. All pluses in my book!:cool:

11. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
    Anybody have a chance to shoot theirs yet? What are the chances Ruger is going to chamber this in .40 next like Taurus did with the slim?

12. Col J

Col J

Sep 24, 2010
    I plan on getting one once Red's in Austin gets them in!

13. Narkcop

Narkcop

Jan 12, 2003
    Kentucky
    I could have bought one at Bud's this weekend but they are much bigger than the LCP.

14. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Difference between a true defensive cartridge, and a make do cartridge!!

15. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
  16. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida