close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Lazer me plenty

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by GP4U2NV, Mar 1, 2011.

1. GP4U2NV

GP4U2NV

Sep 10, 2010
    Ok, for fun I would like to purchase a lazer for my G27.

I see a couple types:

1) replaces the slide spring (recoil rod)
    2) add on to the rear grip
    3) replaces rear sight
    4) goes on the front of the triger gaurd.

This is a CCW gun. Goes in my pocket hoster.

Looking for long life, semi acurate, good fit and finish.

2. Bob469

Bob469

Feb 25, 2010
    if money isnt an option than i'd go with the guide rod... a little over 300 though

as far as the CT ones go i think its just preference between the rear mount or the front laser guard... although they are coming out with a front light guard so a CT laser on the rear and a CT light mounted on the front guard would be pretty badass...

if you want cheap i would go with the laserlyte that replaces the sight... also doesnt effect any holsters... but isnt instinctive meaning that you will have to practice and train yourself to grip the gun while un-holstering turning on the laser at the same time...

3. glockvit

glockvit Glock Sportsman

Dec 19, 2010
    Pompano Beach, Fl
    Crimson Trace makes the lasergrip models and this depends on your gun and the way you grip it... some claim that it makes the grip too large, unless your have big hands.

Lasermax also makes a handgrip model that is slimmer than the CT and also with an on/off switch, this one gives an additional dove tail.

The lasermax guide rod laser have been know to cause some malfunction issues with otherwise flawless guns.
    Thats all the information I have as I have been interested in having a laser, too.

4. cerebral aSSassin

cerebral aSSassin

Feb 21, 2011
    i love my g27 with crimson trace laserguard.

[​IMG]

but if your looking for something just for fun and not for defense, go with the laserlyte.

5. Huber

Huber G1 Niner Rockin

Feb 1, 2011
    Crystal City, MO

that looks great!!

If you are wanting something cheaper I would do the Crimson that comes off the grip on the back of the gun.

6. cerebral aSSassin

cerebral aSSassin

Feb 21, 2011
    thanks huber :supergrin:!

another great thing about the laserguard is that its supposed to fit in most unmodified g27 holsters. it also doesnt add any thickness to the gun, and it reactionary with a master on/off switch!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  7. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    I'll get the Lasermax internal when it's green. I wonder how long it will take.

8. glockvit

glockvit Glock Sportsman

Dec 19, 2010
    Pompano Beach, Fl
    Are you speaking of the CT lasergrip that mounts on the handgrip... backstrap? It it is, then this one sure makes the grip larger.

9. cerebral aSSassin

cerebral aSSassin

Feb 21, 2011
    sorry, that was a typo. i meant the laserguard. :embarassed:

10. FLuXmr2spyder

FLuXmr2spyder Pinoy Glocker

Apr 25, 2007
    SoCal/AZ/NV
    lasermax is the least intrusive...it doesnt add any size to the pistol

i used one on my 23 its great

11. GP4U2NV

GP4U2NV

Sep 10, 2010
    I think that I am leaning towards the gaurd or the grip.

I have heard that the lazers on the sight and the guide rods have "limited" life due to the slide cycle.

12. And about the guide rod you have heard wrong. I have had several for many many years and tens of thousands of rounds of hot hot ammo. I don't know where people get these things from. Is there a mis and dis-information fairy out there?

13. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    CTC makes good lasers but there are several options. CTC has made at least 3 versions of the rear grip activated. The original does add a bit of thickness and when you conceal carry it can print like it did for me. The second one was a scaled down less profile version of the first. The 3rd and more recent is a front activation that adds a little to the back only at the top and bottom and some bulk to the front but still can print. They have made as a 4th option a laserguard with mounts underneath the rail and connects to the trigger guard with activation button against the first/top finger area of the handle of the Glock. Crossbreed does make holsters that can fit the gun and laserguard. Check their site and you will see all these options.

Lasermax Makes a guide rod laser that is great with a pulsating red dot but is more expensive. They also make a rear activated called Sabre series. Then they have the Uni-Max that attaches to the rail.

Laserlyte makes a laser that replaces the rear site and the laser and activation switch is attached to that site. They also make a rail mounted laser.

In length it does but not in thickness. The battery is in the back of the Sabre and it has a longer beaver tail type look to it. The CTC models have a thicker/wider in the grip and where there laser sits than the Sabre. Also if you use a rubber slip on grip you can slip it over the Sabre easier than the CTC version except the CTC Laserguard. The Sabre is about $160 and the CTC models run about $220 the LaserMax guide rod runs anywhere from $270 to $330

Lastly you can look at the SUrefire X400 and Streamlight TLR-2s and the Viridian V5L as laser/light combos. There are companies like Blackhawk and Phantom that have holsters for these.

http://www.lasermax.com/cat_info.php?id=111

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Pro...6/Default.aspx

14. I want green as well.

15. dancingwolf

dancingwolf

Jul 9, 2008
    I have CT grips and have used them and they're fine. Except it changes the grip size just enough to make it not right for me. So I only use LaserMax for GLOCKS and have had no issues. Unobtrusive and works with all holsters, doesn't affect the grip angle and is dead accurate.

16. ruzz

ruzz

Feb 3, 2011
    va
    this is what the CT lasergaurd is able to do....with your arms wrapped around a tree. the lasergaurd (imho) is cool because windage will not change over a variety of distances. then all you have to keep in mind is the elevation differences.

Attached Files:

17. jordankaden

jordankaden

May 16, 2010
    Central, FL
    I wish crimson trace would make one for my 2nd G36....

18. For CCW I'd go laserguard. Doesn't add to the width and takes no extra motion to turn it on (don't tell me your finger is on the switch for the lasermax guiderod laser anyway, as it still takes more than just grabbing the gun to use it)

I don't know why someone in this thread said you can use stock holsters unmodified with it, you can't. But people do make them for a glock + CT 436.

If you just want a range toy get a cheap rail mounted one.

PS: what's a laZer?

19. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Lasermax internals are tops for glocks. For weapons they aren't available for, Crimson Trace grips are okay.