Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Lawmakers Urge GI Bill Extension

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Blitzer, May 9, 2007.

1. About Damn time! Yahoo! Maybe I'll get to go back to school on my Uncle Sam's dime! :banana: :supergrin: :thumbsup: ;)

2. Well Blitz, at least they said "Department of Veterans Affairs" and not Veterans Administration. I think my campaign is working... :tongueout:

3. FDC

Apr 9, 2006
    "GI Bill benefits should not come with an expiration date," Cantwell said in a May 1 press release announcing the bill.

Gasp--I agree with a democrat---I wonder what else is attached.

Funny how I could only find 2 references on google. 1 on Cantwell's page, and 1 on

It's pro mil/pro vet, I doubt it will pass, or even get thoroughly introduced.

Still--10 years SHOULD be enough time for someone to get there act together. Like Cantwell, and many Joes/vets have said "GI Bill benefits should not come with an expiration date"
  4. tedg-23

tedg-23 PROUD AMERICAN!

Mar 25, 2007
    Hell yea a dem doing this blows my mind!! I`m one that let mine expire and now I could really use it, I hope it passes. I won`t be holding my breath though.
  5. AirCav

AirCav Out Front! CLM

Aug 12, 2000
    I think it's a great idea and the right thing to do. 10 years sounds like a long time but it goes fast. (Yes, mine expired) Another scenario you may not think of is an involuntary career change. That can happen most anytime nowadays. A little schooling could help there.

I'm one of the poor shmucks with VEAP (between old and new GI bill). It just sucks all the way around.
  6. I was only able to use a portion of my GI Bill and had to fight the paper dragons to do that.

It is a real shame that a new boot is forced to pay for something that is this difficult to use.

It is about time that current veterens were treated as well as WWII and Korean war era vets were when it comes to post service education.