close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Latest Purchase - 642

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by SuperSleuth, Jan 16, 2011.

1. bnkrtstk

bnkrtstk
    Expand Collapse

I busted my brother's chops when he bought as his only gun. I inherited when he passed away and I carry that more than any other gun I own.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. G27Chief

G27Chief
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Very nice!

3. SuperSleuth

SuperSleuth
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. Unfortunately, it doesn't look so nice anymore. 700 rounds and a few months of carrying in hot, humid weather and the finishing is coming off from the backstrap and the left side of the frame between the grips and the cylinder release latch. Not to mention holster wear from practicing.

It still shoots great, though.

[​IMG]

I'm particularly proud of this grouping. 25 rounds of PMC 132gr FMJ fired in 5-shot strings at 10 yards, standing, two-hand grip, shooting as quickly as I could maintain a decent sight picture. It was the first 25 rounds of the session and it had been 6 weeks since my last range session. :supergrin:

There's still room for improvement, though.

4. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That'll do.^^

Do you find your groups to be better at the beginning or end of the session? I usually find I shoot best first thing. The longer it has been since I shot last the less true this is, of course...but generally it seems that mental and physical fatigue set in before long and things go downhill

#24 Warp, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  5. SuperSleuth

SuperSleuth
    Expand Collapse

Thanks.

I usually shoot better at the beginning. The shots that start going up from the main group in that target were fired towards the end of that particular exercise. However, I find changing exercises help. For instance, after those 25 rounds were fired, I switched to one-handed point shooting at 6 feet, rapid-fire. Inserting some dry-fire exercises help, too. I also try and put a few minutes rest in between exercises. I usually just pace around my shooting area, maybe stretch a little. Then again, I rarely shoot longer than an hour and I keep most of my sessions to no more than 100 rounds total to stave off mental and physical fatigue; I try to keep it even shorter if I'm shooting +P. I try and focus on quality rather than quantity (though I'm not always successful at that).

The other thing that works for me is dry-fire practice. Even if I can't get to the range for a month or more I can usually squeeze in three or four 10-to-15-minute sessions of dry-fire drills per week, oftentimes more than that. Earlier today I did about 30 minutes of dry-fire drills incorporating drawing, "shooting," moving, and "reloading" using dummy rounds.

6. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's good. You are training smart.

7. SuperSleuth

SuperSleuth
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I'm just trying to make the best of the limited resources I have.

8. chuck pullen

chuck pullen
    Expand Collapse

Had one, sold it, still regret it.

9. 6StringGeek

6StringGeek
    Expand Collapse
    full-time n00b

Congrats. They are cool little guns. Mine is a firecracker in my hand, but it's doable.

[​IMG]

10. voiceofreason

voiceofreason
    Expand Collapse

Nice grips!