close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Latest Additions - Dueling Gen4 G17's - 1 USA, 1 Austria

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by THEDude, Jan 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. THEDude

THEDude Abides

Feb 7, 2003
    OK
    I ordered two new Gen4 G17's Dec. 22nd. One for me, one for my Dad. One of them arrived Jan. 2nd, and is Austrian made. It was the very first gun my LGS received in 2013. The other was for my Dad, and just arrived today, and is USA made.

Oddly enough, the one that arrived Jan 2nd (Austrian made) was test-fired/born on 11/30/12, and the USA made didn't arrive till today, and was born on 9/28/12. Both blue label.

The best part is, my dad's birthday is the same day as his new Glock's, Sept. 28!

My observation is that the USA made Glock has a slightly lighter colored slide than the Austrian made Glock. The pictures sort of show it.

I've put 400 flawless rounds through mine with Speer Lawman, Winchester NATO, Freedom Munitions, and some cheapie reloads I found online. All have rocketed out of the slide at 4 o'clock on my Austrian Gen4. Have yet to fire the USA Gen4, but I suspect it will be as excellent as the other.

Oh yeah, and I have yet to dig around and figure out, but what does the Georgia proof on the barrel with the "P" in it really mean?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    I can't read whats stamped on the Austrian made frame, would you please share a pic.
    Thank you
    Congrats!

3. Browner

Browner

Mar 15, 2009
    I just bought a G17 Aus made today with the date of 11/28/12.

4. THEDude

THEDude Abides

Feb 7, 2003
    OK
    @tango44, thanks! Here is another pic of the slides for you.

Attached Files:

5. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

Cool stuff.

I saw a G23 the other day at Academy and it had a USA slide and Made in Austria frame.

Looked like a factory mix-master...

6. Congrats! Cool to see a USA and Austria glocks together. :)

7. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
  8. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    Congrats, I got one a couple weeks ago and love it!!