close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

LaRue Stealth or Noveske N4 or BMC SPR.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by hardeyes, Mar 2, 2010.

1. hardeyes

hardeyes

Jun 30, 2003
    CALI
    Hello;

So I have 1,300 for a new upper, and wanted to know from which mfg to buy from;

I'm torn between the LaRue Stealth, Noveske N4, or the Newer BMC SPR Mk12.

I'm looking for a 18" accurate rifle, that is also shtf reliable.

I'm going to outfit this system with a NF 1x4 scope.

thanks

hardeyes

2. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

Jun 27, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Three excellent choices, you can't go wrong with any of 'em.

Personally for accuracy I hear the LaRue's are tough to beat but I've never fired one (too $$ for my blood).

3. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Southern US
    I didn't think you could own them in California. Get the one you like best, I'm sure they will all work.

4. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

Jun 27, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Why not? I assume if they're precision rifles he'll have the option of purchasing them without flash suppressors installed and they will probably all be w/o the A2 FSB which removes the bayonet lug.

5. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    NOVESKE.

That's my pick. They're all good rifles.

6. hardeyes

hardeyes

Jun 30, 2003
    CALI
    Hello;

coverdog, they are all legal to own in CA, because uppers are considered 'parts'.

Complete rifles need to be Off the List- ie (no Colts or Armalites because they are banned by name), have a mag lock, and no higher than 10 round capacity.

All the 'evil' features are good to go configured in the above set-up, collapsable stock, flash suppressor, pistol grip, bayonet lug.

My local shop has BCM, LMT, Noveske, Sig 556, AK's, & M1a's.

Only the M1A, has the detachable mag release.

hardeyes

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  7. TimP

TimP 1 Proud Infidel

Jan 17, 2003
    NC
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  8. hardeyes

hardeyes

Jun 30, 2003
    CALI
  9. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

Jun 27, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    I actually didn't know this. Then again I haven't really looked at the laws in CA...just assumed they were identical to AWB laws.

10. hardeyes

hardeyes

Jun 30, 2003
    CALI
    Hello;

Yeah, it's weird out here. I can't have a Colt, but I can have a BCM, LMT, Noveske, etc.

It's called 'Off the List' firearms. Listed firearms are very bad for us, so there banned.

Off the List arms, must have a mag lock, and no greater than 10 rd capacity.

These mag locks go on easily, and since they comply with the law, and as long as the capacity is not 10 rounds or greater, It's legal.

Here is a video of a CA AR. Take care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk58s9_KZXY

hardeyes

11. cgjane

cgjane

Nov 18, 2009
    Miami
    I have a Noveske N4 upper in the ads...

12. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Depends how much you want to spend. If it were me buying with your money, I'd go Noveske then BCM. If it were my money, BCM.

13. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    the larue is going to come with extra stuff like stickers, a hat, an armadillo bottle opener and stuff like that.

the noveske is going to come with a sticker.

neither of those details means squat toward the overall quality or performance of the uppers themselves but it might be the tipping point on the decision scale for you. lol

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    The BCM will come with 2-3 stickers, and handy little catalog of their fine wares, and a very nice hat :supergrin:

15. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    None of the above.

Get a White Oak barrel, a matching bolt, a wrench, and blocks.
    Build one yourself for WAY less that is at least as accurate if not more.

16. hardeyes

hardeyes

Jun 30, 2003
    CALI
    Hello;

I got 2 stickers today, and the little armadillo, I've let my Rifles sit out for a bit, as I'm messing with the little armadillo. :supergrin:

I like being pampered, I'm going see if next time they can throw in a hat.

hardeyes

17. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Ow, Ow, Ow...hopefully you'll get the tactical black grocery bag or the tactical paint mixer next!!!!!

:rofl:

18. hardeyes

hardeyes

Jun 30, 2003
    CALI
    Hello;

No one was picking up the phone at BCM, I called to ask them about their SPR upper, and about the availability, but I could not get thru.

Then I checked on Noveske, But I think I missed out on their free lower.

LaRue answered and told me it would be 2-3 weeks on the Stealth, as they would be putting everything together by hand.

I'm leaning LaRue, but I'm going to try to see what BCM says about their SPR.

Then again, I'm eyeballing the upper TimP told me about.

Keep those ideas coming, & I'll get back to everyone here about BCM.

Thanks

hardeyes

19. hardeyes

hardeyes

Jun 30, 2003
    CALI

Hello;

I'm trying to find a spot in the safe for the armadillo, after all it is a tactical bottle opener, and that may one day save my life.

HAHAHA :rofl: This stuff is Killing Me!!!

hardeyes

20. furioso2112

furioso2112

Dec 12, 2007
    That's a nice decision to have to make. BCM is the newest, they seem to be a go-to name these days (not a negative thing, I have a BCM upper and it's outstanding and a great value). LaRue is second most recent (IIRC), and they seem to have top-notch fit and finish, built to last and purpose driven; I have some of their mounts, but no 'major' assemblies. Noveske also has a stellar reputation, I have none of their stuff. I'm interested to see what you pick and why.

Oh - LaRue and BCM sent me lots of swag with each of my orders - hats and stickers from both, a dillo and dillo dust from LaRue. I don't let that influence my decisions. I have more hats than I can cover my thinning hair with in a lifetime, and I don't stick stickers on anything I own. I intend to give one of the LaRue "God Bless our Troops, Especially our Snipers" stickers to a neighbor who has USMC Sniper stickers on his vehicles.