close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Largest Crappie yet

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by markjones, Apr 10, 2007.

1. What is that, about 4lbs?

Looks pretty nice and great job ;)

2. markjones

markjones

Dec 27, 2006
    Texas
    not at all...more like 2.10lbs. I have caught many in inth e2lb range but never any bigger than that :sad:

3. That picture sure as hell make it look bigger than 2lbs ;)

Nice job and I aggreed I haven't yet caught maybe a few crappie that might have been 4lbs. Most down here are lite and with in 1-2.5lbs.

4. ShockWaves

ShockWaves

Jan 31, 2007
    S.E. Michigan
    4 Lbs crappie, there are very few crappie that size! 2 lb crappie is very large! nice fish mark

5. {4 Lbs crappie, there are very few crappie that size! 2 lb crappie is very large! nice fish mark}

Hmm...

it very common to catch 4lb crappie in some parts of the US. White crappies ( which is in that picture btw ) are even bigger than the black crappie that so common down these parts or in the SE portions of the US.

fwiw: the world crappie record is 5.4lbs for white and iirc slightly over 4.9lbs for black.

Florida record is 3.84lb for black and we don't have white crappies species as-far as native waters goes.

6. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

Nov 22, 2005
    SE Michigan
    We have black in michigan.
    That would make a decent sized black for around here. I have caught larger blacks around here, but have caught way more smaller.

Anyway, nice catch!

7. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

Oct 22, 2002
    N43 07.671 W75 17.747
    My largest crappie, after a night of eating jalepenos....

[​IMG]

:supergrin:

Seriuosly, nice fish!!!:thumbsup:

8. punkture

punkture

Nov 24, 2003
    mississippi
    not bad at all, very nice. here's our biggest from last year. i think it went 3lb4oz or so, and had some beautiful fillets!

9. Gbuilder

Gbuilder

Dec 31, 2006
    NC
    speaking of wall hangers, heres mine from last year:

[​IMG]

I didnt have a very accurate scale, but the fish was 16 inches long (second largest the taxidermist had ever worked on, next largest was 17") and pretty fat. It was probably upwards of 3 pounds. My taxidermist sure did a nice job though. He even sent me a christmas card.