Laptop Powercord

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by WiskyT, Jan 26, 2013.

1. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

That's a common problem with Dell laptop power cords. They fail right at the plug that goes into the computer. I have one from 2007 that I've used very little. When I do use it I try to be extremely careful with the power cord. I bought a newer laptop that has a smaller A/C adapter so I can't use it with the Dell. I was then given an old HP laptop that included an A/C adapter with the same power rating as the Dell I have.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. prism

prism more ammo

if your laptop is old, you might be able to find a used original one for cheap on ebay.

two years ago I went to ebay for a power supply for an old HP laptop.

I got a new one (no-name) for $8 shipped. wow. it worked fine.

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

I got a Dell branded one off the net for a reasonable price. Had it 4 months, no issues.

4. I searched for one using my Laptop's model number on Ebay. I bought one made by LiteOn. It's been working great for years.

5. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

It's good to know that the aftermarket and genuine cords are priced right and work well. Thanks for the experienced opinions.

NBT sent me his and it will be here in a couple of days or so. I can't beat a deal that generous, so it should hold me for a while.

6. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

I had to get the CEO at a past job to suggest the same thing to our salesmen (they wouldn't listen to me) because I was replacing so many adapters every year because of broken plugs. crack wires etc ...

7. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

NBT was generous enough to send me his old power cord. It got here and works perfectly. I just want to thank him and to let you all know that he spent his own time and money to hook me up.

8. jr05

Way to go glock-talk.

Nice to see people helping each-other out.

FYI, if you are looking for a cheap cable in the future, give Power + a look, I have had good luck with them.

#28 jr05, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  9. I just ordered one from Dell. Delivered in two days.