close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LAPD Fail

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tacstar, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tacstar

tacstar

This afternoon I observed a female trying to gain entry into my home. I confronted the woman @ which point she was startled. She said that she was looking for the owner of the vehicle parked in the driveway.

She proceeded to ask me if I was the owner. As I was speaking to her a male appeared to my right. Apparently he was acting as a lookout on my driveway. The male tried to diffuse the situation by saying that they were my neighbors.
    I immediately called the police. An airship responded immediately, while I was on the phone with the LAPD communication dispatch operator which informed me that he pilot had a visual on the “suspects” & ground units were en route to detain them.

Minutes earlier the same “suspects” had tried to gain entry to my neighbor’s home & he confronted them. In excess of 30 minutes passes & I have not been contacted by the police. My neighbor leaves his home to run an errand & calls me 30 seconds after pulling out of his driveway to inform me that the “suspects” are on the corner down the street.

I immediately call the LAPD; I demand to speak to the watch commander. I inform the desk officer of the situation & the desk officer refuses to transfer me to the watch commander & insists I need to speak to dispatch & transfers me. The dispatch operator informs me that the call was logged 35 minutes prior & that the notations state that the officers that responded are now back @ the station submitting reports & that in light of the situation I was right to request to speak to the watch commander.

He questions why the desk officer would transfer me back to the dispatch & transfers me back to my local police station. I request to speak to the watch commander once again & the desk officer inquires as to the nature of the call, once I identified myself & explained the nature of the call he transferred me to the responding officer.

When I inquired as to why the two “suspects” were not arrested the responding officer informed me that the female suspect said she was not attempting to gain entry to my home & based on that an arrest was not warranted.

The female suspect informed the responding officer that they were soliciting. So I asked the responding officer if he felt it was normal to solicit in the back of the home with a bag of tools @ this point he became combative & informed me that had committed no crime & that if they return I could place them under citizen’s arrest.

So as a home owner what I witness & report to the police has no merit. The LAPD will take the word of a burglary suspect.

2. Spartan24

Spartan24

And this has what to do with Glocks? :headscratch:

3. rasprenkle

rasprenkle

next time shoot them drag them indoors, oh yea & use a glock! ,,

4. PythonLeon

PythonLeon

I dunno if LA does the whole Castle Doctrine thing, but out here in Colorado, those clowns would be lucky if they didn't get shot right off the bat.

5. Fastfordsrus

Fastfordsrus

Does LAPD carry Glocks? LOL

You live in California dude what rights do you expect have.....

6. RyanAnchors

RyanAnchors

Call the cops if you see them again.

If they break in, you have the right to use force up to and including lethal in California if you are in "reasonably in fear for your life or great bodily injury; or that of another".
    In California, if someone forcibly breaks into your house at night, there is a presumption of being in said fear and it is an affirmative defense in court.

Advocating illegal behavior makes us all look bad as gun owners.

I don't know of any state where they permit you to shoot someone due to your suspicions and then drag them into your house.

They use Berettas and/or Glocks mostly. There is a short list of approved weapons at that department.

Hey, the road to freedom is paved through these places. Heller/McDonald didn't affirm the rights for all of us by filing lawsuits in Texas and Arizona ;)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  7. adamg01

adamg01

You live in Cali., of course the criminals are going to have the benefit of the doubt. I hope you don't have anymore trouble.

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Sounds like you support hiring more Cops to shorten response time.

Sent using Tapatalk

9. Fastfordsrus

Fastfordsrus

???????????????????

All communistic laws in our country start in California

10. RyanAnchors

RyanAnchors

Yes, and then we get to challenge them in court and make sure it can never happen at a federal level or spread to other states.

People are so quick to blame Californians, but the people here didn't choose this, a bunch of guys in an office did.

And people outside California so quickly forget that they had many of the same restrictions just eight years ago (federal AWB).

11. spartanranger

spartanranger

Thats why you need a Glock. : ) Because carrying a cop is too heavy.

12. 8th ID

8th ID

Attempting to gain access to a residence in my state will (legally) get you shot. We don't have to wait until the BG breaks the door in.

Not sure what more you could have done. Seems to me the LAPD didn't do their job...:dunno:

13. GUN FREAK83

GUN FREAK83 NRA member

:rofl:lol

14. DHSGMAN

DHSGMAN Combat Veteran

15. SgtRich

SgtRich

Yeah, in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals...good luck with that!
    That's exactly where goofy laws start.

The people of California have elected Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Jerry Brown (twice!)...need I go on? What do you guys expect?

16. Ewalk

Ewalk

That is ridiculous! I am glad u and yours are ok and that they didn't get inside. Be safe.

17. Bruce M

Bruce M

18. MotoGlock

MotoGlock

Typical useless LAPD. Was this north Hollywood division?

19. Adjuster

Adjuster

Do you have law enforcement experience? Your post wreaks of tacticoolness.

/

20. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Who cares if it's posted in the wrong forum. STFU.

OP: Sorry to hear about your troubles with the law and two scum of the earth POS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.