close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lap Top Battery

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Don At PC, May 30, 2005.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 Lap Top and dearly love it. I have had it approximately 2 years and have never discharged the battery. I rarely use it on battery. The last time I used it on battery was about 3 months ago and it ran great for nearly 3 hours before I got the battery low warning.

So I am wondering; should I really discharge it and recharge it on a regular time schedule or am I better off to go by the old saying " If it aint broke, don't fix it" ? I imagine I will hear some comments from both sides of the issue but that is great because that will give me a better perspective to make my decision.

Thanks for any and all comments.

2. DWavs

DWavs
    Expand Collapse

YOu will find various answers for this that range from: don't discharge, to discharge, to removing it from your lappy if you are on AC 24/7. Good luck on finding the correct one. ;f

I am discharging mine once a month but it sounds like your performance wasn't effected after 2 years without discharge so you might want to stick with what you have been doing.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

DWavs;

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with some feed back. I too was expecting a large variety of answers. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Thanks