close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lafayette area FFL who can help ship USPS for small fee

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by foob, Jun 7, 2007.

1. foob

foob
    Expand Collapse

If anybody knows of an FFL dealer that can help ship a handgun by USPS for a small fee, let me know please. Thanks. Lafayette area.

2. jmb79

jmb79
    Expand Collapse

Your post doesn't provide too many details so if my assumptions are incorrect, I apologize...

What shipping a handgun it is not necessary to have an FFL holder at the sender's end. It is only necessary that the handgun be sent to an FFL holder via a common courier (e.g., FedEx, UPS and NOT US Mail).

From time to time I see threads in handgun sale forums where people incorrectly state that the seller of a handgun has to have an FFL holder send the weapon. If this is not your situation, I apologize.

3. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

jmb79

I believe this to only be true if you are sending it UPS or FedEx overnight. USPS only will do FFL - FFL. Please correct me if I am wrong.

4. mpholic

mpholic
    Expand Collapse

He's probably looking for help so he can avoid the horrifically high costs of shipping a gun FedEx or UPS. They will only ship overnight and it runs about $50.00. He could ship it USPS for $10, pay the FFL a $10 fee and still come out $30 ahead.

5. foob

foob
    Expand Collapse

Aye, somebody was interested, but I calculated shipping was $55 for a 5 lb package going overnight saver UPS.

USPS would be less than $20 but will require FFL.

So if anybody uses an FFL to ship stuff all the time, I could ask for help.