close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

LA Riots Legacy for Justice Eluded

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by grasshoppa, Apr 30, 2012.

1. grasshoppa

grasshoppa

Oct 11, 2008
    According to the article there are 22 unsolved murders that occurred during the LA riots 20 years ago. For those who are interested in self-preservation, there are some interesting lessons.

I was surprised at the number of murders committed that involved shootings from vehicles and see some opportunities to adjust my training to make it more relevant for when I'm riding through hostile areas.

Your thoughts?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/29/for-22-murder-victims-la-riots-leave-legacy-justice-eluded/

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    More head shots than i would have thought. But perhaps htat is why they died, instead of just being injured so not on the unsolved "murder" list. Perhaps there are hundreds on the unsolved attempted murder list.

3. Keep moving in hostile areas. Never get locked in traffic. Be willing to drive on sidewalks, front yards, anything to stay moving when it gets ugly.

4. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk

Mar 11, 2008
    hell, i have done that delivering pizza :supergrin: . still good advice though

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

That's why I switched to a more rugged vehicle for my DD since I work far from home and I won't settle for an econo-mobile like a Prius or Civic that doesn't have that extra mobility.

I'll gladly suck up a few mpg's for a truck or an ex-police CVPI.

6. codecowboy

codecowboy NRA Life Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Texas
    I think back to a discussion my uncle and I had about Reginald Denny who was pulled from his truck and beaten.

Allow me to quote my uncle.

"18 wheels...18 gears...I'd have run over no less than 18 people before I allowed anybody to drag my $%# out of that truck."

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Not only that, but I would go down fighting with everything I got even after I got dragged out after running as many of those bastards as I can... eye gouge, nut kicks, fish hooks, you name it.

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Why would you drive through LA with your door unlocked is my first question.

My dad taught me from an early age from as far back as I remember that if you are surrounded by a gang who is intent on harming you, you pick one guy and you kill him in front of everyone else, or die trying because you are not going to get out of it otherwise. If you kill one viciously enough, you might give the rest enough pause.

Worked for Wyatt Earp against Ike Clanton... make your head into a canoe?

9. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Exactly! The only unfair fight is the one you lose!:whistling: