close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

kydex kydex kydex

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by gen423mike, Apr 23, 2012.

1. gen423mike

gen423mike

Apr 22, 2012
    i want a kydex holster, this i know for sure....

what i dont want to do is end up with a drawer full of mistakes...

im looking for good advice on a quality holster that wont break the bank...

my buddy swears by his dsg arms...
    it does seem very well made and not flimsy or too thin...

all advice appreciated...

2. rooster626

rooster626

Jan 22, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    do you want inside the waistband or outside the waistband. full kydex holter or a hybrid like the supertuk?

3. Wizz

Wizz

Dec 23, 2008
    USA
    For IWB I like the M-Tac after trying a few high dollar leather ones. It allows you to easily put on and remove the holster with only one hand...unlike the snaps on Milt Sparks holsters. The draw on the M-Tac is really nice and everything is adjustable, very comfortable too. For OWB it's hard to beat Raven Concealment...you just have to wait 6 months for one.

4. gen423mike

gen423mike

Apr 22, 2012
    only kydex....
    and preferably one that could do either iwb or owb...

ill check out the milt sparks...

other suggestions, anyone?

5. rooster626

rooster626

Jan 22, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    not a whole lot of reviews on it but i really like the DeSantis Scorpion for IWB, i really like the way my brother's galco triton though so i might get me one of those for my G26. for OWB raven concealment is popular but i decided to get a holster that is the same thing but made by another company. those DSG Alpha holster looks good too

since you want it to do both... any of the raven concealment type holsters work.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Inside the Waistband or Outside the Waistband

Full Kydex Id go for Raven Concealment and for Kydex leather combo Id go Crossbreed Supertuck. There are plenty of other options.

:50cal:

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    If you check the classifieds here there are a bunch of Custom holster makers as well.

:50cal:

8. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
  9. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
  10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
  11. Entreri

Entreri Shooter

May 24, 2004
  12. DRG

DRG Extractor

Apr 25, 2000
  13. MLittle

MLittle

Jun 24, 2010
  14. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    +1
    Paul will build you just about anything you want and prices are very reasonable and service is fast. I have four of his holster both IWB & OWB and quite satisfied. He is a member of this forum & goes by the name coachg.

http://pjholster.com/

15. ratf51

ratf51

Aug 6, 2010
    NW GA
    I just recently got my 3rd Raven Concealment Phantom, I have them for a 1911, a G22 with tactical light attached, and a G23 (the most recent purchase.) I haven't done IWB with one yet-- I mostly carry OWB. But they have become my "go to" holster. So much so that I'll be getting rid of most my other holsters. And they have a quick ship option for Glocks, S&W M&Ps, and 1911s now.

16. Look at all the kydex makers on this sight, 1 that I use is Swinkster, his holsters are tough, built to last. I use it at work, and off duty, mostly or I should say all the time, I wear OWB. It hugs my hip at the 3:30 - 4:00 mark and disappears. Like I said tough stuff!!! Check out his add.
    I even got my partner at work a set for his 26 for Xmass. Can't go wrong w/Swinkster.

HTC EVO 4 using TapaTalk

17. Titurel

Titurel Brick Eater

Feb 12, 2006
    Germany
    I am also a fan of the DeSantis Scorpion. Even though it looks like a huge slab of plastic I find it to be the most comfortable and certainly the most stable of the IWB's I've tried. The large flat surface area spreads out the weight, doesn't protrude into my hip and keeps it well anchored.

I'll admit that at one point I decided I didn't want to carry around such a big chunk of plastic (the holster that is, not my G19:supergrin:) so I decided to go for a minimalist approach with a BladeTech Nano. But I found that it was less comfortable and not as stable as the Scorpion. I also tried one of the hybrid leather/kydex holsters which, while not a bad holster, is a bit fussy and ultimately for me not an improvement over the Scorpion.

18. phnxgrndd

phnxgrndd

Jan 26, 2012
  19. rooster626

rooster626

Jan 22, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    my one gripe about the scorpion is those damn clips... they, for me, are too damn bulky. i wish they came with a soft loop option

20. Titurel

Titurel Brick Eater

Feb 12, 2006
    Germany
    Agreed, they do seem unnecessarily thick. You could just about wear two gun belts and they would fit in the clips. It's not a deal breaker for me though and anyway I'm not sure what to do about it. With soft loops you'd lose some of the holster's stability and I also don't want anything adjustable or replaceable on a holster because if it can come loose it will. I've considered using a heat gun to flatten them out a bit, but it hasn't bothered me enough to where I've gotten around to it yet.