close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Krauthammer: Romney Won Unequivocally; Obama's Responses Were Petty

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Oct 23, 2012.

1. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

Krauthammer: Romney Won Unequivocally; Obama's Responses Were Petty

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...nequivocally_obamas_responses_were_petty.html

Doc44

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DonGlock26

DonGlock26
    Expand Collapse

That's true. Romney was not aggressive. He wanted to look presidential. Obama looked aggressive and petty. Obama's Libya cover-up will be the subject of the campaign for the next two weeks.

#2 DonGlock26, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  3. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

And this, from someone who gave Obama the slight edge "on points" in the second debate...Krauthammer calls them as he sees them.

I thought Romney's presentation was much more substantive and concrete. He dealt in terms of actual people, organizations, and regions, whereas his opponent was trite and platitudinous -- delivering the "hope and change" of debates.

4. callihan_44

callihan_44
    Expand Collapse
    INFIDEL

I didnt pay alot of attention to the debate, flipped back and forth between the baseball game...honestly it bored me....I understand the gop doesnt want romney to be too aggressive but we've had massive incompetence in the white house for 4yrs and I want barry b-slapped every chance possible! The press will NEVER put this administration up against the wall so this is our only chance to see it...

5. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

The only thing I kept thinking while watching the debate, and the way Obama kept trying stare holes in Romney, was that Obama looked pissed and about as unhappy as anybody I have ever seen in my life.

#5 series1811, Oct 23, 2012
  6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Imagine that you woke up one morning and were a brain surgeon. You have no training in brain surgery, no skills and no experience. You are completely incompetent. Yet, each day you have to perform several brain surgeries.......

Patient after patient dies.

Now imagine the whole world is watching and you have to defend your surgical techniques on television.

Its like that.

7. ModGlock17

ModGlock17
    Expand Collapse

I actually felt sorry for him.

There's a little boy in there, who has gotten in something WAY OVER HIS HEAD, wishing Mom could come and rescue him from the depth of despair. With all his might, he couldn't make it work, losing his control. The magic is gone. Eyes stared at the table searching for words to complete the thoughts. Put on the tough guy act, so they can't see your inside. He was so insecure.

One interesting comment by a lady referring to the condescending response on navy ships, was that BHO played the role of a BULLY !

Wow. What a nonverbal impression.

#7 ModGlock17, Oct 23, 2012
  8. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT
    Expand Collapse
    Ex-Gunslinger

I guess that's why Romney stated that Iran was interested in Syria because Iran wanted their coastline.

Gee, Syria has roughly 140 miles of coastline and Iran has almost 2,000 miles.

Bob Schaffer said that based on Romney's statement that he must have very little knowledge about the geographical makeup of the Middle East.

Doesn't Romney realize that there's a country between Iran and Syria?

Doesn't look like it.

9. kensb2

kensb2
    Expand Collapse
    pistol n00b

Well, Iraq being the country between them, I'm pretty sure that they'll let them ship things through the country. The Iraq-Iran war is old news, and they are becoming allies. Syria's 140 mi of coast line is a lot closer to the rest of Europe than the majority of their own is. Also, if I were Iran, I'd rather ship my oil through Iraq and out of Syria, than have to go down around Saudi Arabia and past a number of countries more friendly to the US than themselves. Also, Egypt controls the Suez canal, and they aren't very friendly towards Iran either. What if they have to start shipping oil around the Horn of Africa to get to Europe? Syria is looking better and better I'd say.

#9 kensb2, Oct 23, 2012
  10. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

:crying:

Yup -- coastlines can be relatively small but very strategic. Look at what the Great Lakes did for American commerce at one time.

11. GWSHARK

GWSHARK
    Expand Collapse
    BITEYAHEADOFF

So tie is the new win? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

When something is boring in comparison to baseball, you know it's in trouble.

Seriously though, with Monday night football and playoff baseball on at the same time, how many people watched the debate? It's not the kind of thing regular people would TiVo to watch later. It's what people watch when it overrides regular programming and nothing else is on.

Even if Obama did win it decisively, it's like scoring a touchdown in the final seconds of a game when you're down by 32. Everybody has already left the stadium.

#12 Gundude, Oct 23, 2012
  13. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Watching the debate, and hearing Democrats being just as happy that Obama was abrasive as if he had been effective, reminded me of all the criminal trials I have watched where I have seen the same thing.

You would often see a criminal defendant's lawyer get up and give a bombastic argument (mainly to impress his clent), and be overuled, and the defendant would look over at us and smirk, thinking his attorney had just won.

And, just as often, their attorney would make a quiet, but effective objection, and be sustained, and the defendant would mouth something like, "That's f'ed up".

They could never accurately tell whether they were winning or losing because the only reference they had was the street where the loudest, most obnoxious person is the winner, regardless of what he says. Style over substance wins with Democrats, whether it's a debate or an argument in the street.

#13 series1811, Oct 23, 2012
  14. Kablam

Kablam
    Expand Collapse

Look at a map please. Through friendly Iraq and friendly Syria right smack into the Med. Kind of beats having to deal with the Persian Gulf, Gulf of Oman, Gulf of Aden, Red Sea, Suez Canal, all of which have some narrow straights to get through that are close to folks and their territorial water who may not be on board with Iranian extremism if things get rowdy with Iran. You're right. Somebody doesn't have much knowledge of the geographical, and political, makeup of the Middle East. Who's Bob Schaffer by the way? Some smart guy like you nad Obama?

#14 Kablam, Oct 23, 2012
  15. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

^^^^this

What some are forgetting is that the people that were impressed by Obama last night are the ones already voting for him. If that attitude impressed the undecideds...well..they wouldn't be "undecided" they would already be Obama voters because he was just being his typical self last night. The voting undecideds were unimpressed with a man who just typified his behavior in the last 3 1/2 years.

16. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Maybe he's been taking geography lessons from Biden. :supergrin:

[​IMG]

17. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT
    Expand Collapse
    Ex-Gunslinger

So, you would ship your oil across Iraq, to the Syrian coast, through the Med, down the Atlantic Coast of Africa, then all the way around through the Indian Ocean to ChiCom?

Wouldn't it be closer, quicker and cheaper just to ship the oil to ChiCom from an Iranian port located in the North Arabian Sea?

Spyder

18. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT
    Expand Collapse
    Ex-Gunslinger

There, fixed it for you. :wavey:

19. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

You really think you can predict what Iran will do?

You should tell Obama.

#19 series1811, Oct 23, 2012
  20. Snowman92D

Snowman92D
    Expand Collapse

Depends on your perspective. Are you thinking about winning a battle, or winning the war? One thing for sure...a "tie" is definitely another "loss" for the Golden Child at this stage of the game.