close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kraft Drops Conservative Lobbying Group Over Voter ID, stand your ground

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, Apr 7, 2012.

1. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Try Sargento.

2. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Jun 25, 2007
    Ohio
    Add me to that list.

3. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    Hell, I like Sargentos better anyway.

4. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

I don't buy many Kraft products anyway so it'll be easy to cut them completely out.

5. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Voter I.D. is a good idea. But the stand your ground law is just dumb. Like it or not, it should have been written by someone who actually knew how to write a law that was not going to play into the hands of left-wing extremist. It should not have been so stupidly titled. But given that it was written to play to particular political interest and not to actually address a real need, it was titled as it was titled. Now... everyone gets to live with the extremely bad results.

6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  7. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

So you don't have a problem throwing us under the bus? The enemies we have in our ranks. :upeyes:

**** the left wing extremists. :steamed:

Stand your ground is a term the media gave it. It's nothing more than an extention of Castle Doctrine that removes the duty to retreat when defending yourself if you are in a place you have a right to lawfully be. Sometimes there isn't a retreat option.

8. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    And I shouldn't have to. If my property, person or family is being threatened then it's within my power to do what I can to protect them. Not run away. That only empowers the predators. Police can't always be there at the drop of a hat. My .45 can.

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    I like my Mac & Cheese so it is not going anywhere out of my house. :)

Are Coke & Pepsi on the boycott list as well with everyone who is boycotting Kraft?
    I could give up Diet Coke & Diet Pepsi, but not the sugary stuff :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  10. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    Homemade is better anyway.

11. VinnieD

VinnieD

Mar 26, 2011
    Buy some cheddar, some milk, some generic macaroni noodles and make your own Mac'N'Cheese. Cheaper and tastier.

12. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    As odd as it sounds I prefer the dang Kraft blue boxed mac & cheese over any other. With lots of salt and milk in it. I know, it's weird :)

13. The Florida law you are talking about is titled Chapter 776 Justifiable Use of Force. It was the public and the press who dubbed it "stand your ground law", not the legislator who wrote it.

The text of the law says "A person [...] has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force [...]". What exactly do you think is wrong with that sentence, and how would you phrase it better?

14. Ditch the processed food and save it for your SHTF supplies. You'll thank me for it someday.

15. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    I won'y be able to make it without milk so after the SHTF it will be useless :rofl:

Besides Dec 21st we all die anyways :wavey:

Honestly I am not a prepper so I am all about the now!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  16. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    I am not impressed with the law. It's that simple. I do not consider that everyone needs to go running around with a gun on their hip or in their pocket quivering in fear that someone might rob them, etc., etc., etc. I think the law was written to gain political support not address a real and present danger.

Duty to retreat? Only a absolute complete fool would not seek to remove themselves from a altercation. I can see no being expected to seek to leave if you are in your home. I cannot see someone thinking they can just pull a gun and blast someone simply because that person got in their face and made them "afraid." That's the psuedologic now being used by a killer to excuse his killing a boy walking home with a bag of candy and a drink. It just doesn't wash at all.