Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Knoxx stock anybody have one and how do you like it.

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by conpro, Apr 7, 2010.

1. conpro

Mar 21, 2009
    Knoxx stock anybody have one and how do you like it.
  2. captcurly

Sep 14, 2008
    Southern Delaware
    I have a Mossy 590 M&P and last year purchased a Knoxx stock through Blackhawk. It is the standard recoil reducing stock and I love it. The price was around $100. and it well worth it. I have a bad right shoulder and shooting a 12ga was a painful event before the Knoxx. I have shot slugs in the prone position with the Knox stock with no problem. The only thing thay you must know is this. There is about 1 1/2 travel in the stock so be careful that your thumg does not hit your cheek or eye. The stock comes with a warning about this travel. Again I love the stock and for me it was well worth the price. If you purchase a Knoxx you will be hooked on it.

3. conpro

Mar 21, 2009
    Cool sounds good. I am going to order one tonight.
  4. MTPD

Nov 9, 2005
    I put the standard K stock (looks like a regular stock) on my 870 and no more neck problems from recoil. It works!
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  5. bfg1971

Apr 19, 2003
    Ewa Beach, HI
    If you happen to have a Mossberg 590 DA it will not fit your shotgun. I finally managed to scrape up enough spare cash to buy the stock and then had to return it. On the plus side Blackhawk customer service was as helpful as they could be. They even agreed that the packaging should be changed to reflect the incompatibility with the 590 DA.
  6. I use it on an 870 tactical and firing 00 buck or a slkug feels the sanme as shooting #9 shot.

There is substantial travel backwards when firing. When using the shortest butt length because of body armor, it is not fun to see your thumb coming at you.

But boy oh boy can you rip seven off quickly!
  7. aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Are you asking about the SpecOps or Compstock? You are getting responses from users of both stocks as there is no way your thumb is an issue with the SpecOps as it around the pistol grip. It can be an issue on the Compstock so it is recommend by Knoxx that you lay your thumb off to the right. I don't need to do this with the Compstock as I keep my cheek back near the the rear of the stock and raise the stock to my line of sight and not lay my face down on it.

Either stock does what it is designed to do if shot correctly. Keeping the arm you have on the forend very loose is the key. If you grab the forend and lock that arm you fight the stock from camming back and you get the recoil and muzzel rise.

It can also be difficult when used with a bead sight barrel but this can be fixed simply by raising the weapon up to your line of sight with your cheek back towards the recoil pad and not laying your face down on the stock. It may be higher in the pocket of your shoulder but since it eats the recoil, this is not an issue. This may not work for everyone but sure does for me. Each shooter is going to modify the above procedure to find the best way to shoot this stock and get the max from it's recoil reducing ability.
  8. dc2integra

Oct 3, 2009
    yea ive been looking to purchase one were did you find it for 100 dollars the cheapest ive found was 130
  9. conpro

Mar 21, 2009
    Yes i am talking about the spec opps
  10. edlacy

Feb 12, 2010
    Modesto, Ca
  11. hongster

Feb 27, 2007
    With a bead sight, a good cheek eld can become an issue because the stock rides to high. When I shoot buckshots its not a big deal but because I just look over the bead but with slugs its a different story. I just pull the stock out further to line up with bead when I shoot slugs. By pulling the sock out further actually lowers the angle of the stock.
  12. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

Oct 11, 2001
    Does it reduce the length of pull?

I've got a 590A1 and the stock length is stupid long....
  13. BoxerDog25

Dec 31, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  14. conpro

Mar 21, 2009
    I did get one put on and love it. I highly recomend the knoxx stock.
  15. PUNISHER56

Dec 24, 2006
    Got an original Knoxx on my 18" Mossberg, nothing can compare
    to how it manages recoil.
  16. I put one on my 870 before I had even fired it for the first time. I went to the range and fired about 30 slugs out of it and wasn't bothered by the recoil at all. I am 6'1" 230 lbs but i don't think that's a big issue.But I have nothing to compare it to since I didn't fire the 870 with the regular stock. i think i could fire 50 slugs and not be sore.

I like mine for sure..
  17. Jager1

Jager1 UtilitarianSect Lifetime Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Have one on a Mossberg 500 Breacher. Absolutely phenomenal.

Like it so much I purchased a second Specops for a second 870 Wingmaster that I haven't even located or purchased yet so that when I do, I'll have it ready to install!
  18. Kona2004

Jan 20, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    I also have the 590A1 and just received my Knoxx today. Can't wait to throw it on and will let you know how much of an improvement it makes.
  19. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

Aug 4, 2009
    they are soft and cushy. i bought one to try to encourage my wife to shoot the shotty.

i prefer the traditional type hogue synthetic stock personally.

inexperienced shooters may actually have some issues with inadvertently racking the action fully or partially if they arent careful because the gun moves a bit more than with a traditional shock (hey that energy has to go somewhere) but it can certainly be gotten used to.
  20. AKJD

Dec 3, 2004
    Fairbanks Alaska
    I've used the spec ops version and don't care for them but I've never had an issue managing recoil from shotguns. Proper grip and stance goes a long ways in reducing felt recoil. How the buttstock is placed in the shoulder pocket makes a huge difference. One significant problem we noticed was that it made it more difficult for some to manipulate the 870 safety during winter time with gloves on because of the fit at the rear of the receiver. I also don't care for pistol grip stocks on shotguns but again thats just my personal preference. Others seem to like them, just not my thing.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010