Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Knoxx or Limbsaver

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by CBennett, Oct 21, 2010.

1. I would like to get a recoil reducing stock for my Remington 870(its just got a stock stock on it now) to make shooting it at the range a bit more enjoyable/bearable. I dont really have a preference to pistolgrip or regular what do you guys think for a normally shooting 00 buck or #4 buck.
  2. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    I've got both and use both.

I'm 'old school', though.
    While I can see some advantages to the pistol-gripped stocks (and have a few), personally, I prefer a 'conventional' stock configuration. It's just more comfortable, to me.

I've got Limbsaver pads on a couple of shotguns and rifles.
    They work as advertised!

In fact, the 870 that I 'set-up' for my daughter has a Knoxx SpecOps stock on it, and it has a thin Limbsaver pad on it, from the factory!!!

3. Ride5C2

Jun 10, 2008
    I'm all about the limbsaver, very perceptible difference in recoil (930 spx)
  4. I just wondered...ive never shot either the Knoxx or the Limbsaver...just the stock thin rubber recoil pads that came stock on shotguns...I figured this Christmas would be a good time to buy some weapon im getting the BP-02 low mount for my AK74 to mount a red dot and wanted to get some kind of recoil reducer for the shotgun and those 2 seemed the most "obvious" choices.
  5. Donzi Gt250

Donzi Gt250

Oct 31, 2010
    I have a 870 HD with the Knoxx and I really like the pistol grip and the recoil reduction. But this only works well with proper basic technique.
  6. Scattergun1187

Scattergun1187 Vote Republican

Jul 24, 2010
    Knoxx SpecOps hands down, but that's just my HO. Use what fits your needs and go from there. I have the Knoxx Specops on both my Wilson Combat Remington 870's. Do some research and then choose.
  7. BBJones

Mar 2, 2010
    I prefer traditional stocks on pump actions. For an auto's I tend to prefer pistol grips. If you have not tried a pistol grip on a pump before, you might want to try it before you buy.
  8. JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    One thing I like about the Knoxx SpecOps stock is that the recoil-reducing spring in the grip works great even without the additional reduction of the spring in the shoulder stock. I could fire buckshot and slugs all day long, with impunity, just holding the grip and without the stock braced to the shoulder.

9. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    If you prefer the traditional I would say go with the LImbsaver or Supercell if you want to save even more.... I'm no expert but have about 1200 + tthrough my relatively new 870 tactical. Firstly proper taught and executed shooting technique made a huge difference in perceived recoil reducetion for me about 30-40%.... the the addition of the supercell reduced it even more.... toatl about 60%
    I just ran a hundred rounds in a informal range practice with some friends today. Had a great time and no adverse physical affects on me at all... some of the guys I was with were quiting after 50-60 and they had Knoxx stocks.
  10. I would get the limbsaver. I have not been impressed with the Knox stock. I didn't like the flex and it would pinch me at times. Besides that, the springs do break occasionally. I prefer the shotgun not move around on me while I am shooting. With a good recoil pad a high amount of slugs and buck are no problem. There is also the price savings going with a good recoil pad.
  11. BigDaddyK

Oct 13, 2002
    Cherry Point
    I had an 870 with the Knoxx and it was great. It seemed to help a lot. 3" slugs were no problem. I went from that to a Saiga 12 and there was a world of difference. Personally, I like a pistol grip more. It feels like a more natural grip angle and gives me better control.