Knob Creek 2013

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Jordan3206, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Went down to Knob Creek this weekend and all I can say is.... WOW!!! Awesome experience.

[ame=""]2013 Knob Creek Night Shoot! - YouTube[/ame]
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone going to Knob Creek next weekend? Bluegrass Glockers Apr 5, 2014
    Knob Creek 2013 Bluegrass Glockers Apr 18, 2013
    Knob Creek Gun Shoot Reloading Supply Run Reloading Oct 12, 2012
    0-5 Gunfighting at Knob Creek Bluegrass Glockers Apr 25, 2012
    Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot - Reloading Supplies? Reloading Apr 8, 2011

3. it must be fun.

4. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

That's awesome! :thumbsup:
    #3 skeeter7, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  5. Nalapombu

Millennium Member

I had read and heard about it for years and one day I woke up and decided I was going to go the next day and finally see what it was all about.

It was the FALL SHOOT, probably 10 years ago or so. I talked my late Father into going with me. It was one of the most incredible things I have ever experienced in my life. I've never been in the military and neither had my DAD. I lived in Huntington, WV at the time and it wasn't that far for me.
    Everything was worth it when that night shoot started. I can't even put into words how awesome it was. I was right behind the MINI GUN and they must've had some kind of agreement where they would let him start off the ground show for a few seconds before anyone else jumped in.
    The first thing that happened was the helicopter flew out over the field and started firing from the door. After a few seconds of that he left and the MINI opened up. OH GOD, what is this thing......The only way to describe it is to say that it sounded like the sky was ripping open. When that explosion happened and that fireball rose into the sky and the heat hit me right in the face, I knew there was nothing else like this in the entire world.

My LORD what an experience. I'm so glad I went and got to share it with my DAD. Before going into the shoot we also went to Fort Knox and checked out the base and seen the Gold Depository. Now that I think about it, it was not long after 9/11 because the guys at the gate made us get out of our car and they checked it front to back.

One of the best days of my life for sure. Machine guns, Gold Depository and my couldn't have been better than that.
    I sure do miss my DAD.

Congrats on getting to see it.

6. I have been there. It is an experience that you will never forget.