Knives of 2013 - What have you bought, and what's on the list?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by NeverMore1701, Jan 1, 2013.

1. 2013

Buying a used Helle knife made in Scandinavia.

My "project" this year is modifying knife sheaths. Found a guy who started making Mora and Becker 2 kydex sheaths a couple of months ago and is selling them on ebay. Got one in this week and modified it to be a horizontal/behind-the-back carry.

As you are aware, many vertical knife sheaths may have a snap retention system for the handle of a knife. This presents some problems. Some of the cloth/leather/nylon material used in snap retention may shrink or get destroyed over time. And, if you wrap the handle or scales with 550 cord or tape, the snap system may not work because of the increased diameter. So, I am reviewing the youtube videos on using snap ring tools and will buy one, snaps, material and start replacing existing systems with more tolerance.

The foregoing will keep me busy for a few weekends.:wavey:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

Got my ZT 0400 back today, like it much better than its original all black finish!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Just ordered a ZT0301 this afternoon, can't wait for it to arrive!

4. Those call to me quite a bit, I'd think it a near perfect EDC.

5. two new pro tech TR-3s

6. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

You'll love it!

Here's mine with a .44mag LBS I just made for a friend:

[​IMG]

7. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

I'm in love with the Insingo blade shape, very handy! Also glad I held out for the micarta inlayed version, it would be just a hair too small without.

8. I just sent Farid the final balance for his REX-121 K2 knife. Should be here next week.

9. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

Got my 0200 back today, it's fantastic!

[​IMG]

10. Just added these two in the last couple of week's. ESEE Izula with TKC G10 scales and a ZT 0360 Pistol-Trainging edition.

[​IMG]

11. I haven't bought anything in a while. I ordered a Case/ Tony Bose Lanny's clip in ebony from my local store back when they things were first announced, and they sold the thing to some other schlub. I've been so irritated about that I've just been carrying stuff out of my collection for a while. I have pretty much everything, and not much new has come out lately that I'm interested in. Here are some of my traditionals.
    [​IMG]

#53 moonwilson, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  12. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

That's quite a selection you have there!

13. damned', i only have 1 case @ the moment - apparently time to get busy...

and back on topic:
    [​IMG]

14. #56 humanguerrilla, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  15. K2 came in today. (The middle one)

[​IMG]

16. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

That the Rex 121 blade? I was this close to getting one....

17. Yeah it is. I think you saw the thread where I read that someone wasn't happy with their edge so they used their EP to rebevel it and it took 3 HOURS?!

18. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

No, I didn't see that, damn!