Knives of 2013 - What have you bought, and what's on the list?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by NeverMore1701, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Went to a gunshow last weekend and Ed Youngman had a booth there so now I think I'll end up giving him a call one of these days. I really hate seeing custom knives because then I get the itch to get more. :whistling:

What are you having done?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist
    CLM

I'd rather carry a Spyderco than a ZT any day. Nothing wrong with the tools you have.

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

The 200 is getting the DLC stripped off the blade, which will then be stonewashed. Will also be getting blue/black sculpted G10 scales.

The 400 will be getting the DLC stripped off the blade, which will the be acid washed and stonewashed. The handle will be getting the black anodization bead blasted off for a satin finish.

4. Nice. :supergrin: Who's doing the work?

5. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

Rival on Bladeforums is doing the 200, So-Lo is doing the 400.

6. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

I got my ZT301 a couple of days ago and I'm loving it.

7. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

ESEE 5 (with Junglas):

[​IMG]

8. For 2013, I want to concentrate mostly on some hobby builds. I bought a grinder, mill and lathe in 2012 so I want to play with pimping and building. I may be good at it or I may fall flat on my face. Who knows???
    - One the first projects is to build a training blade for my Yojimbo2. If the blade turns out well, I will try replicating the liners and G10, just to use as a trainer.
    - Another project is to build a wharncliffe blade for my Combat Karambit.
    - If that turns out well, then I'll dive into a bunch of other ideas I have.

On the purchase side, I want to mostly concentrate on fixed blades:
    - ESEE Izula II, 3, 5, 6 and Junglas. ESEE announced a few models in 440c, so I'll have to decide if I am going with 1095, or wait for the 440c in these models.
    - A few Bark Rivers
    - A few Blind Horses

But I still have a few folders in mind:
    - I am high enough on a few wait lists for a ZT 888 and ZT 888 Max that I will probably get my hands one of each. So, looking forward to that.
    - I'm also anticipating the ZT 777
    - I'd like to pick up a few more Paramilitary 2 sprints, if I can get them at a good price - still would like the orange, blue, and foliage green sprints
    - If I stumble across an Emerson CQC-10 and CQC-15 at good prices, I'll add them to the stable

9. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

Finally managed to snag me a Hinderer! 3.5" flipper, spanto grind, OD scale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. NeverMore1701, very nice Hinderer.:cool: Did he recently change his logo/markers mark?

You seem to be on quiet the knife buying spree lately. :supergrin:

11. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

No guns to buy, gotta buy somethin'! And yes, they did change the logo fairly recently.

12. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member
    CLM

13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Gonna spend most of 2013 like I did 2012 - lowering the amount of steel in my house.

THAT said, I finally dove in at year-end and got a german paratrooper knife and a silly double-action OTF just b'cuz.

I'll also say this - my Benchmade barrage pocket clip is destroying my pants. :( I may have to go smaller. (I think the length causes the knife to lever on the clip and wear out my pockets.) So I might get a replacement if I don't have one I want in-stock. LOL

#33 Dennis in MA, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  14. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

I like it. Is his S35VN better than Reeve's?

15. Well, I'm off course already in 2013 :whistling:

My LKS called to say they got four XM-24s in, and if I wanted one. Oh sure, I guess...

[​IMG]

16. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

After nearly 5 years of waiting since my order was placed, my Randall Made Model 23 Gamemaster (Stainless Steel, nickel hilt, maroon micarta) should be ready around April !!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

Hard to say so far, but it seems to be. A few more weeks will be more telling.

Also got some pimping done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

Cool, I'm Interested to find out. I recently had an opportunity to buy an XM-18 for a great price but turned it down when I found out it was S35VN. I may snag it if yours turns out to be good.

#38 Travclem, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  19. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

If its under $500 I'll buy it :supergrin:

20. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

Small micarta Insingo came in the mail today, oddly enough I like it a lot better than my 'Zaan.

[​IMG]