close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Knight Shooting Sports - Man Says Gun Shop Owner Attacked Him

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Mr. Blandings, May 13, 2007.

1. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

Jun 20, 2001
    Florida
    This should be interesting:

>Source link: Tampa Tribune<
    ------------------------------------
    Man Says Gun Shop Owner Attacked Him
    Posted May 12, 2007 by TBO.com
    Updated May 12, 2007 at 10:14 PM
    By Chris Echegaray
    The Tampa Tribune

PINELLAS PARK - A handgun was accidentally fired inside the Knights Shooting Sports shop and its owner is accused of attacking a customer on Friday night, according to Pinellas Park Police.

Nicholas Slawkawski, 21, of Alachua County, drove with two friends to practice shooting at the Knights Shooting Sports, a shooting range in Clearwater.

Slawkawski placed his Colt Defender, with the clip attached, on the counter when an employee fired the gun, striking a candy machine. No one was injured, police said.

Slawkawski said the owner, Mark Martenfeld, pushed him from behind and threw a chair across the room. Slawkawski said he explained it wasn’t his fault and has filed charges against him.

“He has a temper,” Slawkawski said. “He almost pushed over the counter for no reason. I will go to every hearing and make sure I see it to the end.”

Efforts to reach Martenfeld were unsuccessful.

Police are investigating the case as a battery charge against Martenfeld and are referring the case to the state attorney’s office, according to Pinellas Park Police Department Captain Sanfield Forseth.
    -------------------------------------

Knight Shooting Sports on the web @ knightshooting.com

2. Bucky69

Bucky69 True Gravity

Feb 14, 2007
    Florida
    "Clip?" Another example of how reporters do not do their homework and research and just report. Anyway, I don't blame the shop owner for being PO'd. The idiots brought a loaded weapon into his store when the shop probably has a no loaded weapons policy in place. That being said, the owner did assault and batter the idiot - can't do that.

3. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

Jun 20, 2001
    Florida
    This is one of the comments that has been posted on the Tampa Tribune website under the news article cited above:

4. DennisP

DennisP

Sep 23, 2000
    Tampa,FL. USA
    I actually know Mark, due to my agency shoots at Knights. He is a very good guy and I will give him the benifit of the doubt. I wasn't there and I don't know the whole story.

Dennis P.