Knife Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Scarecrow28, Dec 13, 2007.

1. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk
    CLM

Yep, it was my first Benchmade, and my first tactical folder.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. G-26

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Standard SnG, SnG CC, and SMF.

3. My Kershaw leek....

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

I only have pics of a few, but here they are.

Top one is one my dad made out of D2, hickory and brass. 11 1/8" OAL, 5 5/8" blade, brass guard, cold blued blade. Very interesting, holds an outstanding edge. Bottom is a M5A1 bayonet, not sure what it was supposed to go on. Garand I think? Instead of the ring to go around the barrel, it has a nub on the inside of the guard, on the same side as the catch. Its 11" OAL, with a 6 1/4" blade, half of which is sharp on both sides. Guard is marked M5A1 and Imperial. Was my grandfather's, a WWII/Korean era Army Lt. Col. No sheath.

[​IMG]

This one is a good quality replica of the Sword of Tigris from Gladiator. I got rid of the 5lbs of brass that comprised the original hilt, and re-hilted much more authentically, all wood. Handle is leather wrapped hickory. Very good cutter.

[​IMG]

This is a spatha I just traded off, as I never cut with it any more. Antiqued the blade and replaced the handle with leather wrapped hickory. Cut like a demon.

[​IMG]

This is another one I did some minor work on. Antiqued the blade and fittings, flattened the pommel, and did another leather over hickory handle. Came out pretty well.

[​IMG]

This is my friend with Requiem, my Christian Fletcher Redeemer, number 16/25. My pride and joy. Also have a custom scabbard made by another friend, leather over wood core, with metal fittings engraved with my tree. No pics of the scabbard though.

[​IMG]

Still need to get pics of the others. Have another like in the 4th pic, but still stock. Have an Angus Trim long leaf blade, and a Hadhafang display sword.

5. StogieStang

StogieStang NRA Member

Gunsite II by Cold Steel 4" blade.

Attached Files:

6. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

For EDC I have a CRKT M21-04 and Blackie Collins skinner neck knife, and my wife has a CRKT M21-02 and Cold Steel Spike tanto.
    Also have a ~3" double edged Camillus boot knife that I wish I could still carry, a 4.5" WWII Kabar (I think Navy. no pic), and a 3 1/4" plain edge Gerber Gator.

[​IMG]

Paul Chen Orchid Tanto (trying to trade/sell, excuse the awful pic):

[​IMG]

The cheap stuff:
    4 1/4" and 3.5" Winchester fixed blades, a CRKT Wrangler, and Schrade 2 5/8" half serrated folder, along with a couple el cheapo knives that tagged along from random places.

7. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 Writing Fanatic

NeverMore, what do you think of the CRKT? I've got a Crawford Kasper and love it and was thinking about getting the M21.

8. NeverMore1701

Platinum Member

Love it, and my wife loves her 02 (same exact design, just about 30% smaller). Very fast, the AutoLawks is quite nice, and it takes and holds a very decent edge. More than worth the ~$65 I paid for it. Also, the customer service at CRKT is second to none, I've lost screws, clips, o-rings, etc on the M16-13Zs I used to have, and they got replacements to my door in 2-3 days on several occasions, always completely free.
    Great company, great products.

I also just managed to sell the Orchid, so there's ~$275 I can put toward more knives. Yay.

9. Scarecrow28

Very nice Gerber osinious. I've been looking into the LMF (?) a bit lately.

10. Sure Shot

Sure Shot avenging angel

one of my many

Attached Files:

11. Scarecrow28

Sure Shot, what brand is that? Very nice knife.

12. Looks like a Cold Steel 3" Voyager. Same one I been carryin' for a about 3 years. Good, sharp, gets the job done and easy to sharpen. I like em' cuz I know I won't fret too much if I loose it.

13. Scarecrow28

Alright, cool! Thanks for the info!

14. Here is my collection of my favorite brand- Spyderco!!
    [​IMG]

15. MrMurphy

MrMurphy *********
    Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

[​IMG]

5.5" Ka-Bar, Benchmade auto, Spyderco Lil' Temperance and a smaller Benchmade Axis-lock folder.

M4/M203 with M68 in the background on an M1097 HMMWV.

16. Dobber

Dobber Member

1913 Springfield Bolo
    [​IMG]

17. FARW10ring

FARW10ring Knife is good

Pimped Strider PT next to 1 of 4 made Hellfire by Rick Hinderer

[​IMG]

18. FARW10ring

FARW10ring Knife is good

Top knife is a CQC-13 and the bottom knife is a zero ground Super Commander

[​IMG]