close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Knife for EMT?

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Dynamik1, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
  2. Benchmade Triage Knife

Great blade

Safety cutter(for seatbelts,etc,etc)

Glass Breaker tip or handle?

Its a BENCHMADE :)

Orange Safety color just in case you set it down...cant miss it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Benchmade-915S-Triage-Orange-Handle/dp/B00558P3J0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367535879&sr=8-4&keywords=benchmade+triage"]Benchmade 915S Triage Orange Handle - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21cm3R1FRvL.@@AMEPARAM@@21cm3R1FRvL[/ame]

Last edited: May 2, 2013

3. Dizzll

Dizzll

May 1, 2011
    Las Vegas
    I carry a Spyderco and it has never failed me in 10+ years of service. Correct what all posted about not using it to cut clothes etc...

4. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    I'm FD, not EMS. As mentioned earlier, what about a Leatherman tool? Especially the larger "Supertool" -- it has a bunch of tools on it, and is big and heavy duty enough to do things.

At the firehouse and at incident scenes, most people know I always have a knife of one sort or another on me... and it seems like people are always asking to borrow it. I am surprised at how many fire/ems people don't carry knives. On the other hand, I see some people who get fancy, expensive knives / rescue knives and essentially refuse to use them because they "don't want to make it dull" or "damage the blade". The Leatherman and/or folding Buck knives I carry everyday are to be used.

5. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
  6. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan

This. Benchmade is my favorite!!