close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knife carry in Kentucky... Spydero Delica

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by GNut76, Aug 24, 2007.

1. GNut76

GNut76
    Expand Collapse
    Got Guns??

Is it ok to carry a delica in KY without liscence?? I plan on getting my carry permit but don't have one yet. Any KY LEOs or Kentucky owners please chime in.:supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. wprebeck

wprebeck
    Expand Collapse
    Got quacks?

If it's an auto-opener, no carry without a permit.

The statute is vague enough, though. It specifies "other than an ordinary pocket knife" when speaking about probhibited knives. If it's an assisted opener, you should be OK.

3. GNut76

GNut76
    Expand Collapse
    Got Guns??

The delica is a standard lockback capable of one hand opening with a blade of less than three inches. I think it's kosher, but the kentucky statute is very vague. I guess it's left up officer's call. Most cops I've had contact with are good people. I've also got a mini Manix on order.

4. wprebeck

wprebeck
    Expand Collapse
    Got quacks?

There's no blade length specified in the statute, so that doesn't matter all that much...although a 10 inch folder might not meet the "ordinary" wording.

Sounds like an assisted opener, which to my knowledge, is perfectly OK. There's a lot of discretion as to what could be considered "ordinary", so yeah, the officer's decision could be the end all/be all.

But, you shouldn't have a problem. I say that, because one knife clip inside a pocket looks pretty much identical to the next knife clip in a pocket. If you have a negative encounter with LE types, and get frisked, then you "might" have to worry, but you're probably gonna be in more trouble that a mere misdemeanor charge at that point anyway.

While not a street officer, I can't for the life of me, find any real reason to charge you for CCW by carrying that knife. Of course, I'd tell a non-permit holder* who's carrying to either carry it openly, or put it up, instead of arresting them. I'm just that kinda guy...:supergrin:

* qualification to that statement:

Assuming the non-permit holder isn't a thug-type, or a drunken idiot who's running his mouth, etc.

5. B+Shooter

B+Shooter
    Expand Collapse
    Last Man Out!

Simple enough,

A Delica is fine, the Endura is large enough to make police question "why?".

The Delica is a great size knife that's dependable and useful.

:thumbsup:

6. Houngan

Houngan
    Expand Collapse

Meh, I carried the police model for over a decade without a peep, but that's just anecdotal evidence.

H.