close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

knife and gun CQC

Discussion in 'The Martial Arts Forum' started by sls-snake, Jul 19, 2005.

1. sls-snake

sls-snake Idontfeellikeit

has anyone ever heard of This style of CQC its where you old a knife in your left hand and a gun in your right hand, (if your right handed that is) I saw it on the video game Metal Gear Solid 3, it is prety accuruat with everything else, guns, gear, that sort of stuff, and I saw a guy who helped make the game dimenstrating some of it, he was there millitary and weapons advisor, it sounds a little made up, but you never know, thanks for the help.

2. I'm a big MGS3 fan too. There IS some real-life basis for that technique, but the only instance I've every heard of it in real life comes from some documentation from the early 80's. So I think it might be a little dated. Certainly, that would make the game somewhat accurate since it takes place in the 60s.

I've tried it, but I found that my weapon handling would suffer unless the knife were really really small. Now I tend to use the Harries flashlight technique with the knife in reverse grip since I train with the flashlight that way too. I'm pretty sure I've seen Gabe Suarez integrate gun/knife into the Harries technique. It seems like it'd be useful for clearing extremely tight quarters.

3. sls-snake

I think it would work and feel pretty good with a Cold Steel Safekeeper 2 (or push dagger of any kind like that), never tried it though.

4. sls-snake

what kind of knives are those that Big Boss have in mgs3, the one on his ankle looks like a pilots survival knife but with a cut out in the blade, and the one he does the CQC with, the tanto, kind of looks like a strider, but smaller.

p.s. sorry if I'm turning this into a video game/knife thread.

!
    !!
    !!!
    MGS3