close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KKM G20 barrel rocks it! lone wolf not so much

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by jtwodogs, Apr 5, 2012.

1. jtwodogs

jtwodogs
    Expand Collapse

This is posted on another thread but I thought I would start with this previous info.
    I bought a lone wolf barrel for my 10 it consistently had light primer strickes while my factory barrel shot perfectly. I suspected that the chamber was cut to long. I sent the barrel back to them they refunded my money minus 15% restocking fee and shipping, I have ordered a kkm barrel will post how it goes when I get it.
    Well got the KKM barrel in and guess what no light strikes, Lone Wolf insisted there was nothing wrong with there barrel, what a load of Hog*****! If my factory barrel worked perfectly and the KKM barrel worked perfectly, and I was lucky to get 2 to fire out of a clip on the Lone Wolf barrel the rest were light struck. They should have refunded all my money plus shipping for sending me that crap. Enough b*tching. This KKM barrel rocked it. No feed jams. Accuracy was awesome, came close to cutting a 6 inch sapling in two from 30 yds of hand with two clips of ammo (180 FMJ Masters ammo). I could not be happier with this set up. I think the barrel even looks better in the gun.
    Lesson learned; cheaper in this case defintley not better.
    [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. samurairabbi

samurairabbi
    Expand Collapse
    Dungeon Schmuck

Do you have pictures of any of the light strikes?
    Were you able to measure the LW chamber dimensions?

#2 samurairabbi, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  3. jtwodogs

jtwodogs
    Expand Collapse

I fired all the light strikes today, I did not have the gauges to measure the chamber depth. I do not know of another exlplanation as to why the OEM barrel and the KKM barrel worked perfectly, but the wolff barrel would not work?

4. jtwodogs

jtwodogs
    Expand Collapse

OEM barrel shot perfect, KKM barrel shot perfect. What ever the problem was I do not know for sure. I do know one thing. "Drop in fit" means "Drop in fit". The Lone Wolf missed it.

5. samurairabbi

samurairabbi
    Expand Collapse
    Dungeon Schmuck

... and because the barrel is now back at LW, we may never know WHY the problem occurred. Mis-machining to cause out-of-spec headspace is a possible cause, but there ARE other possible causes.

6. jtwodogs

jtwodogs
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I should have tried to figure what Lone Wolf had done wrong in building the "Drop in fit" barrel, but figured I was already out some money and time just wanted to be done with the situation and have my Glock up and running again, should have not tried to save a few bucks, I have not seen anything bad on KKM, and just wanted to let everone know that I was another satisfied customer of KKM.

#6 jtwodogs, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  7. ScottieG59

ScottieG59
    Expand Collapse

I think it is too easy to generalize based on a single item. It is also one of those things that happens with man made items. I have purchased and used a couple Lone Wolf barrels and they worked well. Overall, that is the experience I have seen with others. Of course, there are other options and testing an item is a good idea before you depend on it.

Out there in fly-over country...

8. jtwodogs

jtwodogs
    Expand Collapse

I agree that it may have been a spurious default. I work in a lab, and know there can be a spurious result, it happens. What upset me the most was they claimed there was nothing wrong with the barrel, and therefore I was not intitled to a full refund plus shipping. In this day and age, companies are becoming accutley aware that customer service goes a long way toward customer retention. Even in a hospital setting where I work they have spent millions on how to woo back a customer that has had a bad experience. Denying the problem existed in the first place is never one of them.

9. ignantmike

ignantmike
    Expand Collapse

maybe we'll read about someone else with the same problem soon:whistling:.......if the barrel got put back on the shelf

10. rv4driver

rv4driver
    Expand Collapse

I had to do some "corrective machining" on my Lone Wolf barrel also. Only then, did it drop in. I haven't had any light strikes, though. My Storm Lake barrel was drop in, and no problems with it either.

Jeff

11. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

I have four Storm Lake barrels; don't ask why - LOL
    G27 40-9mm
    G23 40-9mm
    G23 40
    G27 357 Sig 4.16" ported black Isonite QPQ

They all just dropped in and perform flawlessly.

Barth Six Barrels
    [​IMG]