close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

KINGSTON Quality?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Azra'il, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Azra'il

Azra'il

Aug 16, 2006
    Anyone know if Kingston manufacturer their own product or hire a Chinese sub-contractor?

Anyone know who that sub-contractor is?

Thank you for your inputs!

2. I use Kingston in my Desktops and Laptops, and install them on desktops that I refurbish, and they all work very well. I've never heard of any problems other than the occasional one that plagues every manufacturer.

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Same here, Kingston is one of two brands of Memory I'll use(the other being Crucial).. I usually use Kingston, because its usually available at a decent price at Best Buy. I've used it plenty of times, and I think I've gotten 1 bad DIMM, which oddly enough, was on a build I did about 8mo ago.

Exchanged it w/o issue and everything was good.

IGF

4. Razrbk444

Razrbk444 Sumthin' Witty Silver Member

Jul 22, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    I put Kingston in all my builds, and never had an issue with them.

5. Indygunfreek, to your list I would add Corsair. I installed 4, 2gig modules in my Dell Quadcore and it's awesome, very fast and reliable.

6. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    I've always used Kingston and had zero problems.

my company uses special high security Kingston USB drives, again with no issues.

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    If you've ever saw the numerous build threads here.. I'm a creature of habit, I'm not saying corsair is bad, I'm simply saying I use what I use, because I have experience with it, and I know it works, and works well.

IGF

8. Big Al 24

Big Al 24

Apr 23, 2008
    Slow and solid here. I have a couple of kingston sticks and they work fine. The difference between 4-4-4-12 and 5-5-5-15 is really felt. My definition of good ram is operating solidly for several days at full load at rated timings. It's nice that Best Buy has now seen fit to carry Corsair, but their overall ram selection is poor and SEVERELY overpriced... Allow me to back up that claim...

Best Buy... $249 on sale @ $149 Wow Big Savings!!!
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8669693&type=product&id=1196470792007

Newegg... $72 on sale @ $52
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145043

I don't know about you guys, but I think that that price difference is INSANE!!! And it is typical of Best Buy's memory selection which is PATHETIC!!!

Go to the Egg, Fry's, TigerDirect, or ZipZoomFly

The only electronic things I buy at Best Buy are large ticket items that I can bring back in to return because it is only a block away and dvd's.

I'm actually going to create a separate post for this one....It's more pathetic than I had thought.

9. Big Al 24

Big Al 24

Apr 23, 2008