close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kimber Ultra CDP II experiences

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by X-Spec, Dec 10, 2009.

1. X-Spec

X-Spec

Dec 20, 2008
    Ohio
    I have a NIB Kimber Ultra CDP II and would like to hear about your experiences with this pistol.
    She sure is pretty but I can't force myself to take her out of the box, break her in and carry. Just too pretty! :upeyes:

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Lube it up and go shoot 300-400 rounds of factory FMJ out of it and start CC'ing that baby! Congrats on a great gun. You're going to love it.

3. lphil

lphil

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Congrats on the new Kimber. I got the same gun two weeks ago, so I know what you mean when you say "she sure is pretty", but like the man said, load her up and put some ammo down range. Right now I have about 250 rounds through it, so I'm about half way through my break-in period, 2 more weeks and 250 more rounds through it and she'll be ready for cc'ing.

4. X-Spec

X-Spec

Dec 20, 2008
    Ohio
    How is the break in going ?
    Any issues ?

5. AWMP

AWMP

Apr 28, 2003
    My primary carry and has been for years. Changed out the plastic mainspring housing, took of the ambi safety for a single sided and added crimson trace.
    Shoots like a dream and carries even better.
    I have never found a better carry pistol and I have tried.

6. rock_jock

rock_jock

Apr 25, 2000
    Mine first had an external extractor and feed like ****. Kimber changed out the slide to an internal extractor and runs like a champ now. My only complaint is the breakdown and assembly process. Its a bear and makes you want to not clean it.

7. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Jun 21, 2006
    South Texas
    That's just bonding time between you and it! :)

8. AWMP

AWMP

Apr 28, 2003
    Look on You Tube. There is a video of how to break it down with no tools (pin), made it a lot easier.

9. Rimcrew

Rimcrew

Mar 17, 2009
    AZ
    Mine has been my primary CC piece for almost a year. It's VERY accurate, and has not had a single failure. It is a little scuffed up in places though...

10. TheHammer

TheHammer

Mar 29, 2009
  11. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

Jul 23, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I have a Stainless Covert I and the slide lock broke. Replaced it with an Ed Brown.

The gun still functioned with a broken slide lock. I didn't notice it until I went to put the gun back together. I pushed in on the slide lock and rotated up and it wouldn't go in. After about 10 attempts..I striped another 1911 and compared slide locks. The claw (for lack of a better term) had broken off. Other than that the gun shoots just as good as my fullsize model.