close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kimber Team Match Used Price Question

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by gtrain, Feb 9, 2011.

1. gtrain

gtrain

Dec 6, 2010
    First off, hello, I've been a member here for a little bit now but havent posted yet. I have been looking to get my first 1911 and tonight was offered locally a Kimber Team Match that is about 2 years old and has about 1,500 rounds through it. The gun has had all of the internals replaced with Wilson parts the guy said by his shop gunsmith and the barrel is flush crowned. It looks very clean, will come with original grips and mag plus one Wilson mag. He is asking 1,300 and said he couldnt go any less, is that worth it?

Gtrain

2. asiparks

asiparks

Sep 17, 2006
    Portland. OR
    I guess that would depend on whether his shop gunsmith is John Harrison or Johnny Dremel.
    Sometimes the "custom" work adds value, sometimes not...
    If I had my heart set on a Kimber with upgrades, I'd sooner negotiate with the owner of the used Kimber Custom in the pre owned section here as the smiths are known and reputable....
    But that's a very different gun and I'm not you......:supergrin:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

3. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    If it is a known smith, then that is a fair price and if you want it...get it.

4. gtrain

gtrain

Dec 6, 2010
    thanks for the comments so far. the guy is a pretty good smith in our area from what i've heard.