close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kimber Stainless II?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Trey83, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Trey83

Trey83

Feb 28, 2010
    What are your thoughts on the Kimber stainless II? I can get one for $780. I had an STI Trojan a while back and loved it. I've missed that gun since the day I let it go and I'd like to get another 1911. I'd like to get your thoughts on the gun and the price. :wavey:

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    The Custom II series are good.

I wouldn't say its as good as the STI Trojan though.

3. I had a Stainless II that I won at a Friends of the NRA Banquet/Auction. It shot really well. I made a few changes, replaced the FLGR with a GI version and recoil spring plug both from ED Brown, 10-8 Performance magazine release, Wilson BP slide stop and a Guncrafter mainspring housing with lanyard loop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. rock185

rock185

Dec 5, 2001
    Over a period of years, I've owned four stainless Target IIs. All were very good guns and functioned 100% with any ammo tried. My current Target II in 9MM, now a few years old, has never missed a beat. I have handled, but not owned, the STI Trojan. The seemed like very nice guns too. The price you mentioned on the Kimber Stainless II, fixed sights?, seemed to be in the ball park to me.

5. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    I have one and it is great!
    That's a good price.