close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kimber Pro Carry II

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by JMiller, Jan 22, 2010.

1. JMiller

JMiller

Jan 19, 2010
    Heriman,Ut
    I bought one of these for a good price used. I noticed not much is said about them here. I am new to the 1911 scene so go easy. I heard the Kimber was a great gun but after some looking on here I am starting to wonder. I have replaced the factory Mag with the Wilson already. What else can you tell me about this gun. I noticed some talk about external and internal extractors whats this and how do I tell which one I have?

2. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Kimber sells a boatload of 1911s every year and the do put out quite a few dogs but when the run right they are a decent 1911. I'm not big on the fact that the $1400 ones have the same marginal quality internal parts as the $800 ones. I've owned two with internal extractors and they both ran very well but I only use top quality mags.

The external extractor models were such a flop that the switched back to internal and even started swapping slides on pistols sent in for service. The external extractor is a great concept in my opinion but they just couldn't get it right. Kimbers customer service down right sucks so if you have problems I wouldn't send it back to them. :upeyes: Here is a Raptor with external.

[​IMG]

3. JMiller

JMiller

Jan 19, 2010
    Heriman,Ut
    I see the difference now. Mine is an internal.

4. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    The Pro Carry is a great choice. Just maintain it and shoot it. Kimber recommends replacing their recoil springs every 800 rounds on the 4" guns. Go to Wolff's site and pick up a couple of theirs made specifically for the 4" Kimber.
    http://www.gunsprings.com/