close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kimber frames, slides, barrels are MIM per a Master pistolsmith!!!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by HAIL CAESAR, Feb 5, 2010.

1. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Just read yourself per this idiot.:rofl:

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=78337&page=1&pp=10

Just read the whole thread. But I will copy the biggest idiot statement.

"O.k. first of all lets start with the basics on this one. Kimber barrels are MIM (metal injection molded) GASP!!!, as are their frames, slides and all small parts (which do occasionally have to be replaced due to failure). How do I know this you ask...well a friend of mine owns one of the leading barrel making companies in the business and he bought a kimber, "Cause it just seemed so nice Joe", and upon inspection he found it was MIM. Can't fool a custom barrel maker folks.
    Joe Chambers
    Custom 1911 Pistolsmith
    Member of American Pistolsmith's Guild"

I tried to refute this moron but the site management has deleted or edited my posts and warned me to stop questioning Joe Chambers statements.

And as anyone that knows me can tell you I have very little respect for Kimbers and am not a blind Kimber cheerleader...but this is incredible.

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Someone already beqat you to it. See previous threads. And yes, I agree with you, the guy's an idiot. Plus, the whole forum sucks in general.

3. HAIL CAESAR

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Mods please delete this thread as I accidentally started two of the exact same. I was having computer problems due to a snow storm and satellite internet.

4. gconan

gconan

May 1, 2000
    The guy made a huge mistake, but he has retracted the statement and apologized to Kimber and everyone at the board. Why beat him up about it any more?

5. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

Aug 17, 2001
    Chesapeake, Va
    His credibility, at least on this issue, went out the window when he attributed it to "a friend of mine." If you can name him or produce some sort of real documentation on the slides, barrels, and frames bit, I don't believe it. Seems the site owner and at least one moderator posted that they thought it was utter nonsense. Apparently, the thread was closed after the OP acknowledged his statement was incorrect, but I didn't see that. Of course, I lose interest in reading something really quick when I hit ridiculous assertions. Especially by somebody who should know better.

As far as that forum goes, I've found it informative. A bit more informative and with a specific knowledge base that's been very useful to me. Of course, as with any forum, there are some weird posts here and there.

6. Welcome to the internet!

Typical of the sort of hogwash that gets tossed around and accepted by some as fact on the good ol' web.

Don't believe everything you hear.......

.........especially if you heard it on the internet.

:supergrin:

7. HAIL CAESAR

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    He just retracted that ther barrels are MIM, he still stands by his claim that the frames and slides are MIM.

8. MastiffMan

MastiffMan

Nov 27, 2009
    TN
    Joe Chambers and Bob Marvel do build very good 1911's ... Test Targets 50 yards 10 shot groups from my Marvel Custom Classic..

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. MastiffMan

MastiffMan

Nov 27, 2009
    TN
    idiot ??? Joe might have been wrong in some of his post but kind of a strong statement not to say to someones face...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  10. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

It doesnt matter what kind of work he does, he was dead wrong and wont admit it. He's a tool in my book. you can call about it too: 555-555-HAHA.

eta: I see you took your phone number down, why? I left mine there,

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  11. MastiffMan

MastiffMan

Nov 27, 2009
    TN
    615-517-5151
    Running low on free mins this month... but Sundays are free ...

12. MastiffMan

MastiffMan

Nov 27, 2009
    TN
    I just saw the post on the other board and Joe should think before making statements like that... But name calling is not my way of doing things ... But Joe did put his foot in his Mouth....:supergrin:

13. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Gotta love free sundays:rofl: I use cingular now and get free weekends and nights. I still think the guy has some issues though. Can you explain why a master gunsmith would make the statements he did? If he were an alcoholc and was just drunk, I could understand that. Either way we will just go with "He was confused." ;)

14. MastiffMan

MastiffMan

Nov 27, 2009
    TN
    No .... :supergrin:

15. MastiffMan

MastiffMan

Nov 27, 2009
    TN
    sure was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

Aug 17, 2001
    Chesapeake, Va
    Well, I'll bet you won't see anymore of his buddy''s "facts" appearing in his posts. :supergrin:

17. zdragon23c

zdragon23c s&w&me

Dec 23, 2007
    usa

smoking too much Thai sticks :supergrin:

18. Is that the stuff that's tied to a stick???

:supergrin:

19. MastiffMan

MastiffMan

Nov 27, 2009
    TN
    [​IMG] That might be a new Movie Joe Meets Thai sticks and talks about Kimbers ....:supergrin:

20. zdragon23c

zdragon23c s&w&me

Dec 23, 2007
    usa