close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kimber Desert Warrior

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by BL33D 4 M3, Feb 11, 2012.

1. BL33D 4 M3

BL33D 4 M3 SDMF

Nov 19, 2005
    Chicago/North Burbs
    I am a long time Glock enthusiast and also have a soft spot for quality wheel guns. About a year ago I bought a Springfield Mil Spec (made in Brazil) as my first 1911. I have a CMP Springfield M1 Garand and I loved the look of the 1911 with its wood cross-cannon grips next to the rifle. Once I began to shoot it and got over the pleasant aesthetics, I never could warm up to the Mil Spec. I sold it. Compared to my Glock 21 I just couldn't shoot well with it. I wanted to like it, but it just didn't take.

I now have an opportunity to buy a Kimber Desert Warrior. Its a very good deal. Its like new. $700. I have shot a friend's Kimber TLE/RL2. Its a fine pistol as far as I can tell after just a few mags through it.

Any info regarding the Kimber would be appreciated for a 1911 newb.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/custom-ii/desertwarrior

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Sounds like a helluva deal to me. And it's a really good gun. I say go for it. :thumbsup:

3. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

Mar 20, 2000
    Gretna,LA,USA
    I have a DW and like it a lot. The first 400 or so rounds it did want to be well lubed. I have about 2,500 rounds fired now and has really slicked up. It works well with just a light lube.

4. I would jump at it. Even if you don't like it you can make money on that price

5. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    The Desert Warrior is one of the only Kimbers that I would ever consider owing. The one I shot was great and I wouldn't mind having one.

6. clancy

clancy

Feb 16, 2011
    Can you shoot it before you buy it? From my experience Kimber owners would rather part with their first born than their Kimber, if their pistol shoots well.