Kicking Tires On A 1911 Pistol... Thank God for Glocks

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by coleslaw, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow, seven pages and 160+ replies :wow:

Do you think coleslaw touched a nerve?

...where the hell is 'slaw anyway? :headscratch:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. let me see.....

logic states that the military bought a pistol then, kept that pistol around for over 100 YEARS sending it to EVERY war the USA has been in since 1911 because it is a POS......

10s of THOUSANDS of service members carried, swore by and LIVED because of this pistol but, since some dickweed from an armpit, gun store tacticool magazine says it has problems, well then surely it is a pistol not worth owning!

so everyone that feels the same, please send me your 1911's for proper "disposal". i will not discriminate based upon mfg or country of origin!

3. He's camped out at Yeager's house trying to get him to autograph his underwear.
    #163 SigFTW, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

You are so Glock Talk when..........

I like it when they say "I own xx Glocks and nothing but Glocks, and I can tell you ________ is a jam-o-matic and unreliable POS.
  5. Rooster Rugburn

I don't dislike Yeager. He is the definitive President, CEO, and founding father of Glock Fan boys International. I got a kick out of his 1000 round torture test of a Glock. Every time the Glock would jam or FTF, they blamed the ammo. Funny stuff. Apparently, Yeager feels he can have it both ways, and that's okay.

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart.

Jim "The Anvil" Yeager.

Anyone see a resemblance in persona? Now if we can get Yeager in some tights......

That Iraq thing really changed Yeager.
    #165 Rooster Rugburn, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  6. Berto

Berto woo woo

7. Instead of being a jerk why don't you convince him otherwise? If the 1911 is so good as you think it is it shouldn't be hard! I will agree that before judging something you need to look to multiple sources and even try it for yourself. Maybe lets get a pros and cons of the 1911 going to educate the misinformed?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  8. CMG

Instead of being misinformed, why don't you look around... start here, bac's post are #s 14 thru 24.
  9. Bruce M

I can't believe I missed this thread until now. I guess I am still depressed over the end of a certain epic tablet ...
  10. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  11. Yeah, you hear that now and again over in General Glocking.

I find it funny. :)
  12. ...because I am a jerk :wavey:
  13. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

It isn't.
    All You have to do is to buy one :rofl:

14. Seriously, I'm not going to waste my time with someone who posts that sort of nonsense without any knowledge.

He did it simply to get a reaction and he got his wish.

If someone asks an intelligent question or asks my opinion on something, I'm always glad to help.
  15. Rooster Rugburn

Life is too short.
  16. Agreed...

17. I agreed with Bac posting 100%. I tend to lose patience with individuals that have no “real world knowledge” and post things on forums when they are “obviously clueless (about the) subject matter”. Why would any reasonable person do that? Are they so starved for attention and/or recognition that they are willing to make fools of themselves by evidencing their own ignorance. Have they no shame.

In my experience, it is a waste of time and effort to attempt to educate someone like that and it is not Bac’s burden in life to attempt to do so. It is the duty of the “clueless” to seek out the information and educate themselves.

It was obvious that the original poster was not seeking knowledge and he gave no indication that he would even be receptive to facts that were contrary to his preconceived ideas. He was making a statement and parroting things that he had gleaned from his idol, Mr Yeager.

Your criticism of Bac is unwarranted and if I were in your position, I would apologize. But then, perhaps my ethics and values are different from yours.

18. Thanks RJ

Yeah, its not like the guy was asking questions or seeking info. He was just making clueless statements and looking for a reaction.

He has since vanished from the thread.
  19. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

No offense, but your post makes it sound as though you maybe one of the misinformed? :dunno:
  20. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Seventy years of service with the US Armed Forces in a multitude of wars and theatres of campaign that range from the arctic to the tropic aren't enough?

Perhaps some "knowledgeable" gunners can inform me of Glock's illustrious services? Other than the Norwegian and Austrian armies, who haven't fought a war since who knows how long, that is.

If people don't know by now how mediocre a Glock is when compared to John Moses Browning's finest creation...:dunno: