Kicking Tires On A 1911 Pistol... Thank God for Glocks

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by coleslaw, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :rofl: True enough.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I agree.

The 1911 is my favorite design, but I'm no fanboy. I like many platforms and I love variety.

3. :animlol:

Very true!
  4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan

5. I own a G26 and a 1991A1 and love them both. I look at the G26 as a tool and carry it 100% of the time. The 1991A1 is a work of art IMO, the gadget freak in me really appreciates the design.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up on Recoil magazine. I'll not read it if I ever see one.
  6. I agree. I find it a little odd when somebody says "I'm a Glock man", implying their sidearm defines them. Or when they say something to the effect: "I've made the switch too.....", implying they'll only shoot one platform.
  7. I feel sorry for those people. Life is too short to not experience good variety.

Having a favorite platform is fine, but don't be one-dimensional.
  8. My two favorite firearms are 1911s and Sigs. There is very little in common with them.

I see Glocks and Smiths being variations on the same theme.

Of course I love my Smith revolvers too. One day I need to pick up a Ruger and a Detective Special.

The hardest part of liking all kinds of guns is finding the time and money to do it as much as I would like.
  9. CAcop and Brian: agreed on all accounts. I just took my 18 year old daughter to the range yesterday (her first time).

We shot a Ruger MKII, S&W 686 (loaded with .38 wadcutters so it wouldn't beat her). I shot a 1911 and HK45.

Like you said is too short.
  10. Yep...
  11. Excellent! Took my 21 y.o. daughter to the range for the first time last week. MKIII, 686 (with wadcutters), and walked it up to my G23 and G22. She handled the recoil admirably. She finished with my Colt Combat Commander in .45. When I asked her which of the guns she would want to shoot more at our next range trip she said, "The Colt."
  12. Very cool indeed :cool:
  14. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Is coleslaw your name or is that what's between your ears? :upeyes:
  15. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

First off bad training is just that. Bad training. Is Yeager your hero? Do you have a poster of him on the ceiling above your bed? And since I only speak English, please translate what "well renown proffesional" means in English. Thanks. :wavey:
  16. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

17. Ugh. And we're done.
  19. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Hell, I've never even heard of Recoil magazine. Maybe there's a reason for that. :whistling:
  20. Yeah, that was the deal breaker for me too. :shocked: