close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by silentpoet, Oct 20, 2008.

1. silentpoet

silentpoet

Jan 11, 2007
    This Old Caddy
    My keyboard will not accePt or enter the "i" or "P" keys. i am coPy and Pasting to get them on this Post. So i am off to walmart to buy a new keyboard. The last time i had this Problem, the motherboard was going out. So i hoPe it is just the keyboard this time. A reboot did not fix it. CRAP!

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I'd say its almost a given its the keyboard..

IGF

3. Try unplugging it and peel it apart. Most keyboards will either pop apart or take out a few screws. Might be some gunk under the keys.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Is this a laptop or a PC? If its a PC... and the keyboard is hooked up via PS/2, you can try a USB keyboard.

IGF

5. silentpoet

silentpoet

Jan 11, 2007
    This Old Caddy
    I have a USB logitech keyboard now and it works. What made me worry is something similar was the first sign my old motherboard was going out. I will be glad when I get a good stable setup. Lately my computers have had issues. But on a positive note I am almost ready to take the A+ test so maybe early next year I can have a new rig.

6. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

I wouldn't worry too much.

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    LMAO... I started reading your post and was like, "Man, is he drunk"...