close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kershaw saved the day

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by OfficerChris, Jan 19, 2010.

1. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    Well I planned to get to work, but had parked my old bmw on thick ice. Backwheels spinned, car didnt move an inch. Tried to push, but I couldnt get enough grip with my feet because I also stood on ice. Put the floor mats under the back wheels (like I learned on Tv) and found them somewhere in front of the car again.

So I did it the manly way. I opened up my kershaw and started to stab into the ice right behind the back wheels. Was kind of afraid to hit a tire, but didnt and got out of there without a problem.

I love knifes - perfect tool.

[​IMG]

2. The Hawk

The Hawk

Aug 22, 2008
    LaGrange, Ky
    Thanks for yet another excuse to purchase a knife. Vehicle extraction tool. Good job Chris.

3. NICE>>

no damage to the blade?

I've found myself more fond of knives then ever before !

4. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    nah nothing, ice isnt that hard I guess.

My knife is carried every day and I use it on duty. Have it for about a year now, maybe less and it got abused quite often, but works fine, still sharp. Only the tip looks a little bit used, but we are talking about a millimeter here.

I was looking for a duty knife for more than a year till I got this one. Didnt regret it yet.

5. stgha

stgha

Aug 26, 2007
    Pataskala OH
    Don't know if I would have thought of that!
    That is one I will put in my "toolbox" Just in case....

steve