close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kentland ?

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by obxprnstar, Sep 11, 2007.

1. obxprnstar

obxprnstar
    Expand Collapse
    Goth Lover

Ok, I know this is a dicey subject, perhaps almost as bad as some of the stuff over there in Religious Issues. Anybody ever done a ridealong in Kentland, MD? If so I would be interested in hearing your stories, either publicly or via PM if you so desire.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Pa Glock guy

Pa Glock guy
    Expand Collapse

Kentland? Dicey?...... Nah<S>

Ive never ridden with them but they seem like a wild bunch. did you see their video on their website?

3. obxprnstar

obxprnstar
    Expand Collapse
    Goth Lover

Yeah, their videos look very... interesting.

But they DO see ALOT of fire.

4. FirNaTine

FirNaTine
    Expand Collapse

I am familiar, I'll PM you.

5. hotpig

hotpig
    Expand Collapse
    IAFF Local 4766
    CLM

Is this the cowboy group that has been rumored to shut off water supply to other agency attack crews so that they can gloyhound their way in to make the hit?

6. FirNaTine

FirNaTine
    Expand Collapse

You are mixing a few incidents together, I believe. The two that garnered significant news coverage recently were:

They were on the news for their driver shoving/fighting another firefighter after that crew allegedly parked on their line, cutting them off. This was partially captured on video and made the news.

They were then later accused of, and investigated for, shutting off other firefighters air tank valves in a fire. Criminal charges were initially to be placed, but never came about. I believe there was insufficient evidence, if I understood correctly.

They are now restricted to running their first due only, for them failing to take and staff a BLS ambulance as directed per the county fire chief. This is a whole other (long) discussion, but it was the most recent national news event (at least Firehouse.com headline.)

7. DepChief

DepChief
    Expand Collapse
    Get Tous's Rope

Prnstar, we have a member of OUR department that runs with Kentland, I am sure he could fill you in.
    :thumbsup: