close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kel-tec sub 2000?

Discussion in 'Midwest Glockers' started by 2ndamd, Jun 28, 2009.

1. 2ndamd

2ndamd

Sep 19, 2005
    Hey midwest Glock fans.

Does anyone have a Kel-tec sub 2000 in 9mm that uses the Glock magazines?
    I was hoping to get some feedback from how you like it?
    I would like to get one to keep my ammo the same but, I am wondering if it has the quality I am looking for in a gun.
    Any thoughts on this gun?
    Thank you

2. I had one of the Sub2000 carbines in S&W, a novelty at best.

After firing 200 rounds through it as fast as I could reload and target it the barrel softened the Polymer/Nylon. It began to melt away from the trunnion mounting point, the pivoting block!!

:wow: :crying: :shocked: :steamed:

3. 2ndamd

2ndamd

Sep 19, 2005
    WOW!
    That's not good!
    Thanks for the heads-up.

4. Hi Ball

Hi Ball Hi Ball

Jul 11, 2009
    Mid-West
    We had a few KEL-TEC'S but they soon got traded off on something a heck of a lot more reliable. GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK!!! :whistling: :wavey: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

5. cmzneb

cmzneb

Jun 3, 2003
    Nebraska
    I have a KelTec Sub 2000 that takes Glock mags. Love it! Have shot it in a couple local 3-gun matches. Loved hearing the whiners complain that I was shooting 9mm for a rifle. I shot my 9mm Major pistol loads through it.

I think I gave about $300 or so for it new off of Gunbroker..... I wouldn't pay a ton of money for one, most KelTec stuff isn't the greatest quality..... But for the money they are fun