close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Keeping Batteries in Holographic Sights

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Young Once, Apr 9, 2009.

1. To all users of holographic sights (EOTech, Aimpoint) is it alright to keep the batteries in even if not being used for extended periods? I keep the batteries in my aimpoint, and what I do is turn it on about 10 to 20 mins. once a week when not being used. Is this practice safe? Thanks in advance.

2. Yeah, I know, but this seems to be a bit paranoid for me, keeping it on all the time. Which is why I turn it off and turn it on once a week, unless of course i'm going to the range, in which case its on the entire time i'm there.

3. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Apr 27, 2004
    Cebu
    For Eotechs, make sure the battery you are using does not leak... A buddies Eotech died due to leaky batteries. No problem for the Aimpoints that uses the small 3v lithium battery, haven't heard of them leaking. I didn't bother to turn mine off, its 3 years old and I haven't changed a battery yet.

4. Wow, Sir Cebuboy. That is a long time. Thanks for the advice.