close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KB's and Breechface Failures

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by horge, Jul 3, 2005.

1. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    We lost our old thread --the one with photos of homogenizer's trademarks.
    Anyone care to repost those photos?
    Might be instructive for new visitors.

:)

2. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Here are some photos; forgot already who they belong to.

[​IMG]

3. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    What calibers are those Glocks on the pictures? Breechface failures are very common in Glock 21s and very common with Glocks that are being dry-fired all the time.

That's why I"m going back to the 1911. The Old Faithful!

4. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    I'm not sure but I think they belong to a local BOG whose pair of G17s, consecutively numbered, suffered breechface failures due to excessive dryfiring. Glock has since replaced one of the slides after 1 year of waiting. I have no word on the other slide replacement.

5. vinsdr

vinsdr

Nov 28, 2004
    Manila

6. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    That's why I'm having second thought (pronounced like a Manilanian, not like Cebuano on the other thread ;) )on getting a G22. I'm not concerned with the Kboom but rather on the breech failure.

vega

7. vinsdr

vinsdr

Nov 28, 2004
    Manila

8. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Hello vinsdr--

I too have a G30 that I use for home defense. My advice would be to keep the Glock since you don't dryfire regularly anyway. It's one of the best Glocks there is, IMHO.

Glocks seem to be having some quality issues as of late: the rail issue of the E-series, breechface failures, and the latest issue of dustcovers cracking.

9. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Depends, how much are you selling it? ;f

Don't worry about it, just make sure you use a snap cap when dryfiring.

11. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    [/B][/QUOTE what would you be getting then beside the G22? should i sell my G30? what would you suggest? thank you very much po.:) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm planning on getting another XD tactical in 40 then get an aftermarket barrel for 9mm. Plano pa lang naman yon, mahigpit and budget ngayon. Nagamit yung budget because of the Mossberg combo.

Keep the G30 and use snap caps when dry firing.

vega

12. I'm planning on getting another XD tactical in 40 then get an aftermarket barrel for 9mm. Plano pa lang naman yon, mahigpit and budget ngayon. Nagamit yung budget because of the Mossberg combo.

Keep the G30 and use snap caps when dry firing.

vega [/B][/QUOTE]

lucky you bro you got this XD back there.;f wala ata nyan doon sa Pinas.;g

13. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    ;z ;z ;z

14. o diba agree si kapatid! :cool: kaya vinsdr pm muna ang price offering mo ki batang.;e ;) ;)

15. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    [/B][/QUOTE]lucky you bro you got this XD back there.;f wala ata nyan doon sa Pinas.;g [/B][/QUOTE]

Di ba may HS2000 dyan? I know there's a BOG member who have one.

vega

16. lucky you bro you got this XD back there.;f wala ata nyan doon sa Pinas.;g [/B][/QUOTE]

Di ba may HS2000 dyan? I know there's a BOG member who have one.

vega [/B][/QUOTE]
    errr....^2 yap remember now. i think stronghand carry those models. btw i was thinking of the springfield XD?, is it the same as the HS2000?(a stupid question might this be ;g)

17. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    mikol,

ganda ng xd, the problem is wala pa din atang spare mags available

18. mannix wala ba iba magazine pwede sa XD? di kaya pwede mags ng cz or tanfoglio dito? sa porma kasi ng kanyang grip parang medyo hawig sa mga yun. check this site. www.xd-hs2000.com

19. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    HS2000=SA XD.
    You can use Beretta mags which are plentiful there.
    But you need to drill a hole for the mag stop.

Prone to damage is the ejector, when you use aftermarket mags like the beretta, it will have the tendency to hit the ejector. That's why I'm planning to buy an extra ejector.

vega

20. vinsdr

vinsdr

Nov 28, 2004
    Manila
    thank u very much po. its just that, i've been reading and getting different views kasi about the glocks and that they are planning to switch to 1911s. pero, as u said po, i'll keep it na lang. salamat po muli.

and to sirs batangueno, mikol and vega:

mga sirs, thank you very much po for your suggestions pero as sir alexii and vega advised me to just keep the glock, then i might as well keep it. thank u po ulit. btw, sana po i could get to meet some of you sa gunshow. regards.:)