Katrina Weapon Confiscations - What really happened?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Aceman, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Danziger Bridge defendant told to file informal report on police shooting
    Published: Friday, July 22, 2011, 11:25 PM
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/07/danziger_bridge.html?ST=1

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

What happens when the opposing force rams the door open or rips it from the frame?

-Emt1581

3. engineer151515

engineer151515 _______________

I did not realize the trial was in progress.

For the group.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/07/danziger_bridge_shootings_defe.html

Read the testimony. I find it surprising. The officer did not distinguish a specific threat before he started firing.

He also did not check on the wounded civilians after the shooting stopped.

http://www.nola.com/news/wide/index.ssf?What-Happened-On-The-Danziger-Bridge.pdf?825

#23 engineer151515, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  4. Yeah, I haven't kept up with it at all, just by coincidence I ran across that link a few days ago, but I can't remember where I found it.

5. For whom?

6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

The "searchers" ta begin with and the "searchees" would be next.'08.

"

7. There are local State and Federal laws stating in a bankruptcy bond holders get paid FIRST. Hussein ignored them ALL and paid unions.

There are local State and federal laws about Straw Purchases. Hussein's people ignored those.

There are local State and Federal laws about felons purchasing firearms. Hussein's people ignored those.

There are laws protecting you from being locked up without trial. 120,000 Jap/Americans can tell you how that went.

ANY LAW is just a "EXECUTIVE ORDER" away from the trash can.

8. I would treat any out of state cop the same as I would a Blue Helmeted UN Frenchman.

9. Very interesting stuff.

I can't even remember why i asked this. But man - even if martial law is declared....if I'm in my home, minding my business, wow...

I'm all about helping the LEO any way i can. But wow....I'd have to draw the line somewhere.

And as mentioned - dang, how could you carry out that order.

If I defended my rights and it resulted in officers killed, I'm thinking Supreme Court is where that case will end up.

I would put my faith in them. They are notorius for making decisions based doing the right thing and eff Congress/Dems/Repubs/Pres.

I just can't see ANY thing that makes the confiscation ok.

10. engineer151515

engineer151515 _______________

I would like to add that some LEO refused to confiscate firearms.

They deserve to be commended but will probably never be recognized for making a personal stand against the order.

#30 engineer151515, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  11. quake

Millennium Member

Slap him and refuse to let him change his diaper...?

12. I'll tell you right now if the authorities ever came knocking on our doors for a gun grab where I live...somebody is gonna get whacked! Anyone who lets the governoring body take away their protection ( provided you are not threatening anyone or breaking the law) is a damn fool. That is what keeps us for being overun by our own government. I still blame the local government, Geo. W. Bush and FEMA for that slow response during Katrina. This country is quick to get help to other countries in that situiation but lets its own "taxpaying" citizens wait for help.....Thats just ....BS!...and the powers to be let it happen.

#32 TangoFoxtrot, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  13. As much as I am a non-Bush fan (President, The band, Excessive Pubes, whatever...):

The OFFICIAL rule is the state MUST request assistance. If I was the shell shocked dumb@$$ idiot deer-in-the-headlights governor, I'd be leaving the country of embarrassment and shame that I sat there and did jack in the face of Mother Nature with a sledgehammer.

As long as we are discussing the "rules" in this thread.

But yes - no excuse for not sounding the "get ready" bell LONG before the request was sent in spite of said governor.

#33 Aceman, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  14. I think this pretty much sums it up:

[​IMG]

15. Right or wrong, I don't think you'll be ending up in the SC, I think the grave is much more likely.

16. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

So be it.'08.

17. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

I don't remember any good?

18. Amen brother! From my cold dead hands.

19. The POS who made that statement finally resigned amid scandal and numerous federal probes, one of which is the Danziger Bridge case.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/04/warren_riley_exits_troubled_ne.html

He was also the idiot who was photographed with Nagin pointing an AR at him.

I can't find a link to the story but I believe there was also a scandal b/c Reily was actually honeymooning out of town during the Katrina aftermath.

20. I seem to remember a whole lot of aid, search and rescue, and relief efforts. Seems all of those were good things........