Kangaroo or deep conceal holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by M&M, May 10, 2013.

1. M&M

M&M

My EDC is a Glock 30. I currently use a crossbreed supertuck because I have to tuck my shirt in at work.

There are some days even the IWB holster doesn't work as well as I would like with a double stack gun.

Has anyone tried the Kangroo or deep concealment holsters? Something like the Air Marshall 3?

(Be careful watching the kangaroocarry video. When you click the link the video starts and it's a little loud at the beginning........ FYI in case you're at work)

http://www.deepconceal.com/shoulder-holster-s/1817.htm

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/air-marshal-3-holster

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Deep concealment.....Kangaroo Holsters? GATE Self-Defense Forum Jun 12, 2012
    FS: Kangaroo Carry holster Holsters & Related Items Jun 29, 2015
    Police Ask Woman With Kangaroo To Leave Wis. McDonaldÂ’s The Okie Corral Feb 4, 2015
    Kangaroo Holster Carry Issues Aug 29, 2014
    Zimmerman Kangaroo Court Political Issues Jul 11, 2013

3. M&M

M&M

Wow maybe nobody uses these?

4. No experience, but I really like that Kangaroo Carry holster system.

Looks like the perfect choice for my G17.

5. Just ordered a black Air Marshall3 Kangaroo Carry...we'll see how well it does :)

6. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member Gold Member

I got a Pistol Wear holster. Similar to the Kangaroo (did PW copy Kangaroo or the other way around...?) and thought the chest carry an interesting option. However, the guy in the Kangaroo video is pretty slick getting his gun out thru the neck of his polo shirt! My attempts were not so good. :shocked:

I have mixed feelings but at this time I am not all that pleased that I got the PW. Haven't used it to this point and would be willing to part with it if someone thought they could master this thing. The pocket is deep (too deep, IMO) and it is a slow draw, at least in my case. It sits too low around the waist and just isn't accessible (again, in my case) in chest-carry mode.

7. M&M, this could be what I've been looking for. Thanks! Will try in the coming months.

8. I've used a KC Std II style (older model) for over a year now. Not my primary carry method but comfortable around the house where instant access is less of a factor. Also good for bike/motorcycling. Definitely the most secure/comfortable carry method....I've taken naps with the KC on, using the retention strap. I like the "one size fits most all" of my guns pouch size.

9. I have the Standard and the Air Marshall model for my G27 and hardly use anything else anymore. The draw may not be as quick as some others but the fact I'm comfortable carrying a lot more often makes up for it. Hard to draw if you don't have it with you.
    I'm not sure I would use it with a larger gun but I've lost my desire for a smaller pocket pistol with this method.

10. I have a Kangaroo and felt that it was uncomfortable and really didn't conceal well for me. Please keep in mind that I don't really like shoulder holsters or belly bands. I would guess it depends on how you feel about those things and your attire, body type , etc. It looked interesting, but for me, it was a mistake. YMMV

11. My vote goes to the 5.11 holster t-shirt. They have fixed the scratchy padding issue from their earlier models. It is secure enough to carry a full sized firearm with minimal printing. There is some printing but if anyone asks, it's a holter monitor for a heart condition.

12. @ML: Body size/build could be a factor, true. And if you don't care for bands, the KC isn't likely to please. At least the KC material isn't as band-like; I find it to be more comfortable.

I have a 5.11 shirt but still prefer the KC. The shirt is a beeatch to get on/off, being compression-style and I have rotator cuff issues which make it nigh impossible. And the KC is much more position-adjustable. I've even used it around the waist like a band tho' that's not my preference.