close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kahr Lube Diagram

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by BackDraft, Jun 23, 2005.

1. BackDraft

BackDraft Kahr Club 69

Jul 4, 2004
    Indiana
    This was made by Michigun and it seems that alot of members haven't seen it or know where to find it. So I asked the Admins to make it a sticky.

2. Daynja

Daynja

Dec 23, 2004
    MN
    I pull that out everytime. :) Thanks again for making that michigun. :)

3. jam_ppp

jam_ppp

Mar 21, 2005
    NY
    It's also the last page of the detail strip sticky

4. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    Good idea BackDraft ^c… that’ll surly make finding that diagram a bit easier for those that may be interested in seeing it.

Why, so you can use it as a spill mat only while cleaning & lubing your Kahr? ;f

Glad to hear that Daynja & you are VERY welcome! I'm just happy that it seems to work as well for others as it has for me.

That is correct & that was also all WIG19’s doing! ^c (I didn’t originally include the Lube Diagram in the Detail Strip Instructions… never thought about it till WIG19 said something… he added it while converting the instructions to pdf.)

FYI, you’ll also find the Lube Diagram a few posts down in the “Detail Stripping the Kahr's Upper” thread. (Figured I’d toss it in there as well.)

5. Undead Jed

Undead Jed DisMember

Nov 12, 2005
  6. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    Here it is again... BackDraft's link must have been broken.

[​IMG]

powernoodle likes this.
  7. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
  8. BackDraft

BackDraft Kahr Club 69

Jul 4, 2004
    Indiana
    Thank Michigun , I was out the last few days in your neighborhood dropping off a few loads. Next time I'm up there I let you know maybe we can hook up.

9. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    Most definitely! ^c

10. agksimon

agksimon

Oct 11, 2001
    Michigan
    I use and highly recommend Tetra Gun Grease in very minute quantities on the slide rails and bottom of slide that cocks the hammer. I have never found anything that works as well.

11. HiCap1

HiCap1

Dec 4, 2002
    RI
    Slide Glide? I use it on 1911's and on my Kahrs.

HiCap

12. HeadShrink

HeadShrink

Dec 12, 2002
    I assume this works for the metal frames too?

13. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    It certainly will, just ignore #10 is all. :)

14. HeadShrink

HeadShrink

Dec 12, 2002
    Brace yourself, here is a really newbie question:
    Aren't you supposed to lightly oil the entire outside too? I have always had a glock with the tenifer coating, and as we all know, that doesn't need much at all.

15. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    Well, the above diagram is only meant to deal with the “lubing” portion for the Kahr… what you’re talking about is the “protection” part… two different things as some lubes have ZERO protection value.

16. HeadShrink

HeadShrink

Dec 12, 2002
    Good clarification.

How do you "protect" a Kahr (metal)?

17. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    I like to use CLP myself… I just soak a cleaning patch in it, wipe it all over everything & then take a clean cloth &/or patch & wipe as much of it off everything as possible… no fear, it’s still there protecting! ^c (That’s the step I do before I start going through the lube diagram above with my lube of choice.)

They say CLP (which stands for Clean Lube & Protect) does it all, but I find it a mediocre at best “cleaner” & absolutely worthless as a “lube”… but its “protective” properties are one of the best out there!

18. BackDraft

BackDraft Kahr Club 69

Jul 4, 2004
    Indiana
    I agree with you about the CLP. I have been using your lube and some other from KG so far they have lasted well at the training classes. Just finished the last one and my Kahr hit the 15,000 round make but I also tested a MK9 & PM9 side by side during the last 2 classes. They both worked great I noticed you have to pay more attention to lubing and the recoil springs. Now I just have to choose one next spring,lol.

19. glocker199

glocker199

Jan 21, 2006
    I agree. Oil sucks for the slide rails as it all runs out the muzzle end after a couple days of carry.