close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kahr K9 vs other Kahr models?

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Reaper19, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Reaper19

Reaper19
    Expand Collapse

I am thinking about buying another K9, times got tough last year so I had to sell her. I would have never done it if i didn't have to, I loved that gun.

Right now I am leaning towards the K9, but it comes with a high price. How do the polymer frames compare to the alloy? frame?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ripley16

ripley16
    Expand Collapse

The K9 is a great gun, no doubt, but I have to say it isn't my favorite. The larger T9 is also a fine pistol, with some features I like even better than the K9. However, my favorite Kahr is the TP9. For some reason I've bonded with this largest poly Kahr. They aren't seen often in stores, (I bought mine online), but they can be had for reasonable prices, offer the 4" barrel and 8 round capacity. I shoot the Kahrs all about the same, but the TP9 is the one I'd pick given a choice of any model.

3. Cowart

Cowart
    Expand Collapse

The MSRP of the K9 and P9 are $855 and $739 - a difference of $116. That seems like a pretty small difference for guns in this price range, to get what you really want.

On the other hand, I checked my 2 usual online discount Kahr sources, and neither one has the K9 available right now - have you found anyone that actually has a K9 in stock?

4. Reaper19

Reaper19
    Expand Collapse

Yes, a dealer in MN has them for $649 or $699 with night sights.

I have tried over and over to replace that gun. Nothing has done it for me, im gonna get it.

5. Patchman

Patchman
    Expand Collapse
    Florist

How about a used K9?

6. Lew-G17

Lew-G17
    Expand Collapse

You can find good deals on used K9 pistols if you are patient and look at lots of gun boards and gun auction sites. I have had good luck on gunbroker.

As to how a K9 compares to the P9, I own both and find I carry the P9 most often because of the light weight. The P9 grip is even slimmer than the K9 grip, but still comfortable. I recently added the smooth rubber version of A-Grip to my P9 to make it fit my hand a little better.

In shooting the two, I can find no differences in felt recoil, accuracy or reliability.

If the K9 is really what you want, do some hunting, there are deals out there.

Check out Kahrtalk.com, they have a for sale section and there are usually one or two available there.

7. Reaper19

Reaper19
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the good post Lew. I was too impatient and jumped on a new K9 with night sights. It put me back $725 with shipping, and FFL. Too me it is worth it. In two more days I will be throwing lead down the range with her!

I want to try the P9 I think that is going to my gf's birthday/anniversary present next summer.

8. CGP

CGP
    Expand Collapse

I picked up a Stainless K9 with night sights from a NYPD cop for $475. Picked up a couple of extra mags for $30.

9. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I like the steel framed Kahrs.

10. Lew-G17

Lew-G17
    Expand Collapse

So Reaper19, how about a range report? How dd you like the Kahr?