close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kahr CW9 Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Greg Conn, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Greg Conn

Greg Conn Glock G19 - CCW

May 26, 2000
    Bedford Falls
    Could you guys give me your opinions on the Kahr CW9 please...quality, dependability, concealability, etc.

Also, what is a fair price to pay for one NIB?
    Thank you.

Regards,
    -Greg

2. viniglock

viniglock GLOCKS-N-KAHRS

Jan 30, 2008
    Police State (FL)
    All the above

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010

3. sickboy013

sickboy013

Jan 18, 2007
    UT
    I just recently purchased a CW9 to replace my G26. I couldn't be happier. It has been 100% reliable so far. I've gone through about 300 rounds. It conceals sooooo much better than a glock and is a lot more comfortable to wear and to hold. I still like glock, but this is a great gun! It's lighter and thinner than a g26.

The quality on it is great. The feed ramp has a nice polish on it (came that way). The fit is really tight when you first get it, but I sat and manually racked the slide over and over for a couple minutes and could feel it loosening up. I did that several times before taking it to the range.

I got mine NIB for $412.

4. 3putter

3putter

Mar 11, 2007
    KY
    Mine has over 3000 rounds now. After the break-in of 300 rounds it has been flawless. I love 1911's and have two expensive Wilsons but I carry the CW9 most of the time because it is so easy to carry and conceal. I carry Gold Dot 124 gr. Short Barrell and have utmost confidence in the gun and the ammo.

5. jbsglock29

jbsglock29

May 24, 2008
    I love my cw9. It has been flawless from day one.

6. Cowart

Cowart

Jun 8, 2008
  7. Can't add much. I have about 600-800 rds thru mine, and it hasn't missed a lick from day one. Comfortable to carry and shoot. Added a Qwikgrip grip sleeve and she was good to go. Paid $409.

8. chester

chester

Jul 20, 2009
    Excellent quality. Mine has been 100% reliable through 500 rounds of assorted low quality ammo. Current prices range from 409-469 when you can find one.

9. Greg Conn

May 26, 2000
    Bedford Falls
    I ended up buying the CW9. I got it for $405 NIB.

I was very satisfied with the price, and I now have a pistol that is much better for concealed carry than my G19, owing to its smaller size, weight, and thickness.

The Glock will be kept (loaded) in my pistol safe on the dresser as our home defense weapon.
    The Kahr will be kept on me.

Regards,
    -Greg

10. viniglock

viniglock GLOCKS-N-KAHRS

Jan 30, 2008
    Police State (FL)
    Pics or did not happen!

11. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    Here is a video I made discussing the Kahr CW9.

Kahr CW9 Video

The gun turned out to be uber-reliable at the range. Never a hiccup...not even during the break in period. It is also extremely accurate and easy to shoot if you master the long pull trigger. :)

12. viniglock

viniglock GLOCKS-N-KAHRS

Jan 30, 2008
    Police State (FL)
    Thanks for sharing, that it is a great video, when I saw the first time, and saw some of the pics, thought the were familiar.

13. mitchg233

mitchg233

Dec 30, 2007
    I had problems with nosediving and the mag catch after the break in period. Kahr eventually resolved the problems after two trips back. Their customer service is helpful but doesn't seem very intuitive about their guns. I now own a K9 which is very nice and extremely reliable. I think Kahr's basic design is wonderful, and they have tried to adapt polymer and different calibers to it unsuccessfully in some cases.

14. triggerdoc

triggerdoc

Jan 9, 2009
    Middle TN
    The only problem I've had out of my CW9 is dropping the mag. When I hit the mag release the mag will only drop about 1/2 inch and then I have to pull the mag out. I would rather it drop free. It's not a huge issue at the range, but if there is a SHTF issue then I will have to add a step between reloads and it makes me uncomfortable. I intend to see where it is hanging up and remedy the problem when I have a chance, but for now I carry the K40 off duty and the wife carries the Kahr E9.

15. Greg Conn

May 26, 2000
    Bedford Falls
    Vini, I only recently came back to this thread after I purchased my Kahr, or I would have answered your little comment sooner.
    I'm not in the habit of lying.

[​IMG]

16. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    Greg, I think you'll be happy with the CW9-a dream to carry-and your price was good. Mine is about 2 yrs old and I haven't had any problems, although I was a little concerned with wear (scalloping) on the poly rails. Checked with the mfg on that and they said it was normal break-in wear. I've decided to go to a larger cal for carry, but nothing wrong with weapon itself.

17. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Mar 30, 2004
    Dublin, Ohio
    I love my CW9 and I bought it at a reasonable price, considering what most other Kahrs sell for. I want to carry my G26, but it bulky and I find hard to conceal. I'm always looking for a holster for it. My car is light, and conceals wonderfully. It's light and shoots accurate. I going to put a Crimson Trace on it one of these days, or night sights. I bought it used, but never a hiccup so far.

18. I prefer my CW9 over my Glocks. The grip is better in my hand. I also put a CT laser guard on it.
    Get a CW9, you won't be dissappointed.

19. greco2009

greco2009

Apr 15, 2009
    I spend part of the year in Florida. I used to carry a Sig225 and Glock 19, but they are way too big. I bought a CW9 to carry there mostly because I run around in shorts and sport shirt. It was still a little long for carry in a pocket holster, (the bottom of the grip would hang up in my pocket). I shortened the grip so it now takes the 6 round MK9 mags. It is now near perfect. It draws and shoots like a dream. I leave it down there for a house and carry gun for what ever family member is at the house. It has several hundred rounds thru it without a bobble. One of the fellows on one of the sites has one with about 20,000 rounds thru it. I'm happy with it.:cool::cool::cool:

20. jhertzler

jhertzler

Jan 11, 2009
    Kansas
    All good. It's thin and light. Flawless reliability. I have a Don Hume holster and a Hogue Handall Jr. on it which makes for a comfortable grip. Soft shooter, too, reducing my "flinch factor," so I can shoot it fairly accurately. Fit and finish are great too. Go for it.