close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kahr CM9

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Fisherman, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Fisherman

Fisherman

Feb 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    For the past few years, my carry gun of choice has been a Ruger LCP. I know--lack of stopping power, etc. but I just consider it a "get offa me" gun and I'm not trying to rekindle the 9mm vs .380 debate. I am considering a move to a Kahr Arms CM9 and I'm wondering if anyone has any extended experience with that or similar Kahr subs. I like the way it fits my ageing form and, so far, haven't found any drawbacks. :fishing:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. John43

John43

Sep 9, 2010
    Murrells Inlet SC
    I carried the LCP and then went to CM9, love it and it shoots great,conceals very easy.

3. simotek

simotek

Jul 29, 2012
    DC Area
    I have a CM9 for situations where my G26 is too big. Its a nice gun. Fit and finish is great and it has performed flawlessly for me with over 600 rounds through it. Very accurate.

4. Fisherman

Fisherman

Feb 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    I guess you recognized that I meant LCP. Fat fingers. :fishing:

5. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Mar 22, 2008
    Albany, GA
    I bought an LCP for my wife, which she HATED because of the long, heavy trigger. Oh yeah, she didn't like the recoil either:l So I inherited it. It made a great pocket gun that was so easy to carry, you never had an excuse not to. Even though the gun was 100% reliable, I sold it and bought a CM9. I love everything about it, except for the reset. It's rather long. But until Glock makes a pocket pistol, the CM9 will work just fine.

6. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    And this has to do with gssf.... how?

Wrong forum.

7. PM720

PM720

Apr 2, 2011
    Vegas Baby!
    Fat fingers? :whistling::rofl:

Scott

8. Fisherman

Fisherman

Feb 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    Those of us who grew up with rotary dial phones blamed our touch tone dialing difficulties on "fat fingers".

9. Ken43

Ken43

May 7, 2005
    I have a PM-9 that I have been carrying for about 3 years. I generally carry it on a hip belt holster, or in my right front pocket with a pocket holster. I probably carry it more than any of my other ccw guns. I shoot it out to 15 yds. with no problems. Accuracy is very good. Like someone else said, I will carry this gun until Glock makes a single stack 9mm in pocket size.

10. Fisherman

Fisherman

Feb 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    Thanks; I've just about made the decision to move on to the Kahr. I, too, if I like it as much as you do, will carry it until Glock makes a single stack 9. :fishing:

11. the CM9 is an excellent gun for it's size, mine has been flawless for the 2 years i've had it. shoots easy. :cool:

12. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Colorado
    No experience with the CM9, but I've had a PM9 for over 6 years and I love it.

The PM9 and a CW45 are my two CCW guns, with the PM9 being carried about 75% of the time. I have no complaints and will enthusiastically sing the praises of both those pieces.

13. cpham9006

cpham9006

Aug 10, 2011
    NC
    I trust my CM9 with my life. After the 250 round break in period, I have experienced no issues.

14. grit

grit

Jan 10, 2008
    North Carolina
    The CM9 is a very handy and concealable little piece. It is great for summer time carry. In a pocket holster (PJHolster) it easily carries in my front pocket in my shorts or in cargo pants. I also carry it on my belt in a Don Hume JIT.

I have a Kel Tec P32 which I have also carried in my pocket for years. It is terrific for summer carry as well (or tight jeans) and I carry it when for some reason the CM9 is awkward but I don't carry it nearly as much as I used to. The CM9 is more accurate and powerful even though it carries 2 less rounds. As a belly gun at very close range, the P32 is great. Out over 10 yards, the CM9 really is a lot more accurate so it is my preferred carry and I can also carry hollow points which I don't do in my P32 as I desire the extra penetration over expansion. With the 9mm I get both.

I highly recommend the CM9.