close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kahr CM9 or SW Shield??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by slainer, Jun 12, 2012.

1. slainer

slainer

Feb 18, 2006
    Florida
    Like the feel of both! Anyone had the same choice or input on either? Any input would be appreciated!! Looking as my conceal carry gun.
    Thanks. Slainer

2. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Feb 1, 2006
    S.A. TEXAS
    IF u want a small gun kahr if u want a large gun then shield .

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I like the Shield better but that is what I like, not necessarily you.

4. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    I can sometimes (depending on the garment) pocket carry the CM9, never with the Shield. Both have been 100% reliable for me, both have good triggers, tough call. If you are going to carry IWB I'd take the Shield. If you want a pocket option---CM9.

5. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Are you referring to cargo shorts?

All I wear are cargo shorts and a tee year-round here in South FL (except to work, of course). Right now I carry a KT P-32 every day in a pocket holster....even to work.

I have been drooling over the CM9 for a few months now and would buy it in a heartbeat if I knew it could go comfortably in cargo shorts.

Your thoughts please:cool:

Thanks,

TGG

6. KennyFSU

KennyFSU What to wear...

Mar 14, 2011
    Florida
    CM9 (or PM9)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 09crue

09crue

Jul 27, 2009
    if your looking for something small enough to pocket carry,Kahr cm9 all the way..

8. Rick305

Rick305 ra1sales.com

May 14, 2012
    Shield all the way.

I had a .40 -- IT IS A SMALL GUN , and I had no problem carrying in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster no problem.

I wouldn't consider the Khar when their are options like the Shield and XDs (coming in 9mm).

9. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

Feb 22, 2002
    How come?

10. Dan Glock

Dan Glock

Nov 24, 2011
    I'd say go with the Shield my friend, i believe you can't go wrong with that 9mm, it shoots very accuratley and recoil is a lot better then lets say a Glock 26 if you've shot one. At least for me.

11. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    That's exactly what I was referring to. I front pocket carry my CM9 in a Galco pocket holster pretty frequently.

12. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    As others have said, for pocket or other small places get the Karh PM9. I also find the longer trigger travel on the Karh to be more comforting from a safety standpoint.

13. Aahzz

Aahzz Who?

Sep 7, 2001
    Union, KY
    I have no experience with the Kahr, but have to say that I have no issues pocket carrying the Shield in jeans or cargo shorts, and absolutely love it.

14. slainer

slainer

Feb 18, 2006
    Florida
  15. L Pete

L Pete

Mar 4, 2011
    CM9 is what I carry sometimes. It's a quality, reliable gun, and, from what I've been able to tell, it's smaller than the Shield. My CM9 is as dependable as any handgun that I've ever carried. One could do a lot worse in purchasing a pocket nine.

16. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    For me I can front pocket carry a CM9 in almost every pants and shorts I own, but the Shield is a tad too long and will slightly stick out most of my front pockets.

The cutoff for me is 5 3/4" , the Shield is 6.1" long while the PM9/CM9 is about 5 1/2. If I can't pocket carry a 6.2" Snubnose revolver in the certain pockets because the grip peeks out the top of the pocket, the Shield will do the same thing.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  17. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

I do not have a Shield, but I do have a CM9. My CM9 makes me certain that I have no use for a Shield. The CM9 of mine has been flawless, and most who have a CM9 love them. If I didn't have one and had to choose....based on the dimensions, I'd go with the Kahr.

18. CM9 for pocket carry, shield if it's for IWB.