close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Kahr Barrel Recall Notice!!!

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Eddie C., Sep 25, 2004.

1. Alicia28

Alicia28 Big customer.

Does this affect any MK models too? Do the MK's have the same barrels as the PM's since they are the same size?

Alicia:hearts:

2. hakuin

hakuin

May 23, 2004
    Michigan
    "I'm in the Philippines and shipping firearms parts to and from the US is illegal!!!"

Isn't there some dealer who could send it back for you?
    What about shipping "machine parts"?

3. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    The dealer could, but the deale is also know for moving like molasses in winter...

Broke the PM9 yesterday, 200 rds, no FTF's except when I used a ProMag 10rd magazine.

I don't think I need to send it back, it works like a dream.

4. hakuin

hakuin

May 23, 2004
    Michigan
    They sent my new barrel in about 1 1/2 weeks. Other than the new finish, it appears that the feed ramp is more polished. You're right that if it's feeding, you're probably okay.

5. rppnj

rppnj

Feb 1, 2006
    Kahr Customer Service returned my PM9 with a new barrel after I had to return it for a barrel "peening" issue - Ser# VB8***.

I haven't had an opportunity to shoot it with the new barrel yet. Can someone who experienced the same issue please tell me if the new barrel eliminated their problems.

My thanks to Kahr Customer Service for replacing the barrel.

6. bb7508

bb7508

Aug 17, 2006
    MA
    What exactly is peening? I just bought a Kahr PM9 last month (have shot 200 rounds of Speer Lamwan 124gr TMJ without a single failure). What should I look for? What does peening do to a barrel?

I noticed 2 things -- slingshotting the slide does not work at all. And I noticed a few times that after firing, the slide got stuck for a millisecond on its way back to home. But it did chamber a round successfully and the next round fired fine.

The gun was bone dry when they disassembled it in the shop, so they put a little oil on it and told me to go shoot it without any cleaning. I cleaned and oiled after my one and only range trip and it seemed to be in pretty good shape.

7. This particular recall was not about peening, but rather had to do with feeding reliably. Many people didn't even send their barrels in because they had no trouble found.

What is your Alpha Prefix and first digit of your Serial number, like "VC2..."? That will tell us whether you MIGHT have a peening problem.

8. bb7508

bb7508

Aug 17, 2006
    MA
    Well, I usually don't have a "peeing" problem ;) but I was just wondering about peening. I actually found another GT thread that shows pics -- very useful! But thanks for asking about my urinary condition.

BTW, didn't mean to hijack this for peening when the issue in this thread is on feeding. Just kept hearing about it and couldn't find a good description of it.

9. Oops. Fixed the typo.

You still didn't post your prefix. Ok, here's some info. Dottie is telling people that PM9's with serial number "VC2xxx" and higher have been redesigned to prevent peening. If yours is later, then don't worry, be happy...

10. bb7508

bb7508

Aug 17, 2006
    MA
    Sorry, thanks for the info -- my serial is VC6. So far so good. Will run another 100 or so FMJ and then a box of Gold Dots to make sure it digests it all before carrying.

11. texagun

texagun

Mar 26, 2003
    North Texas

Thanks for posting that info. Very helpful. Mine is VC57XX and absolutely no sign of peening yet.

12. hhb

hhb

Oct 19, 2005
    Ozark Foothills
    Has any problems with the PM9 Covert been reported?

13. AZ Traveler

AZ Traveler

Oct 22, 2004
    Charlotte, NC.
    Which the PM9 or the P9 Covert? There is no PM9 Covert.

14. hhb

hhb

Oct 19, 2005
    Ozark Foothills
    I hate to bust your bubble, but I have a PM9 Covert. Same frame as the PM9, same slide as the P9.

15. hhb

hhb

Oct 19, 2005
    Ozark Foothills
    I went downstairs and dug the box out. It is a P9 Covert.

16. AZ Traveler

AZ Traveler

Oct 22, 2004
    Charlotte, NC.
    The P9 Covert has the same slide and barrel as the P9. These are not known to have the peening issue.

The PM9 is generally known to be the one with the peening issue.

I personally like the Covert models. I find it has most of the concealablity of the PM models, without some of the issues. The Covert has the same slide and barrel as the P9 and therefore has the simpler recoil spring and guide rod design. The PM models has a more complex double captured spring and plastic guide rod assembly.

YMMV.

17. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    I have a VCXXXX PM9 - outside the recall -

I shot about 1,000 rounds with no problems -

Then had 2 jams - NOSE DIVE right into the feed ramp

Called Kahr - they sent me a new heavier recoil spring and a new barrel - they said my barrel should be OK - but WANTED TO MAKE SURE MY ISSUE WAS SOLVED THE FIRST TIME -

Replaced the recoil spring - have had no issues in the last 500+ rounds, never even installed the new barrel - but its nice to have a spare - its better to buy from a company that stands behind what they sell -

18. CaptAlNY

CaptAlNY

Feb 17, 2008
    I've ran about 300 rounds through my PM9 and have wear along the top of the Barrel.

Is this Wear Normal or should she go back to Kahr?

Thanks
    Capt Al

[​IMG]

19. duncan

duncan Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Seattle